Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-12-12-SMW-TV] Interview: Jim Cornette & Heavenly Bodies

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Cornette will be training intensely for his handicap match at the Rock 'n Roll Express, sweatin' to the oldies with his good friend Richard Simmons. Further tension is teased between the Bodies and the Stud Stable. Cornette's closing line is a howler, the third "did that just happen?" moment of the past few segments.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Cornette says that the Rock & Roll Express have been to Bob Armstrong to get a handicap match against them at Christmas Chaos. He insists that he isn't a wrestler, but the Rock & Rolls want to get their hands on him and to get a kick out of seeing him being killed! He says that he is going into training, that Richard Simmonds is a very good friend of his and he is going to get into the best shape of his life. The Heavenly Bodies will keep the Rock & Rolls away from him and then they'll get their titles back. Prichard tells the Stud Stable to stay out of their business as he would hate anything to jeopardise their friendship, while Lane says that they need to stay in their local, regional matches and leave the main event stuff to them. Cornette closes by saying that next time we see him he'll be ripped to shreds and that everything about him will be hard!

• 7 months later...

A classic Corny promo. I doubt that he meant anything sexual in his closing line, but you can never tell for sure. That's what makes him a master on the mic.

I like the tension between the Bodies and the Studs. The thing that makes it even more interesting is that there's no chance of either team turning because both of them hate Ricky and Robert, who are as beloved as ever. The fans can sit back, watch the heels destroy each other, and root for Rock 'n' Roll to take care of what's left. I'm looking forward to the potential promo battle between two quintessential Southern bullshit artists in Fuller and Corny.

Corny doing the old "I'm not a wrestler!" routine is pretty rich after how much we've seen him in the ring lately. It's still effective for now, but he has to watch his physical involvement for it to remain so in the future.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-12-12-SMW-TV] Interview: Jim Cornette & Heavenly Bodies