Pro Wrestling Only

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Jimmy Del Ray is having palpitations. It turns out it's SUPER SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER!

Then, we cut to the ring with Jim Ross (!!!) interviewing Jim Cornette. The Gangstas interrupt him and corner him before he can say much. Bob and Steve Armstrong are out quickly to run them off. Cornette makes an awesome plea to Bob Armstrong to allow the Bodies to come back and exact revenge, which Bob approves, and Cornette closes us out by quoting "Only The Good Die Young" by Billy Joel. Great segment.

Can I just say Ross looks absolutely thrilled to be in SMW?

• 1 year later...

Another amazing promo from Cornette. I love how he deals with all his former (still current ?) ennemies and keeps everything logical. I've said it a thousand times by now, but this is Cornette's strongest point as a booker. Two weeks in a row Corny delivers the terrific material.

• 1 year later...

Great, great segment. Cornette is out with a cane making his case, and when the Gangstas come out to confront him 3-on-1, gloating about his lack of backup and kicking out his cane(!), damned if I didn't start getting emotionally invested--it really looked like some heavy shit was about to go down and that Cornette was a dead man. Bob and Steve Armstrong make the save and Cornette makes one more plea for the Heavenly Bodies to be reinstated. Cornette points out that when a crime happens, the police aren't supposed to investigate only "if the victim is a nice guy." Bullet Bob is won over and grants the reinstatement, to a huge pop. I think these fans missed the Bodies quite a bit, even when they were hated. Yes, everything makes sense here--Cornette and the Bodies aren't white-hat-wearing heroes, and they're even more over for it. Hey...something tells me the WWF could find a way to adopt this formula!

• GSR changed the title to [1995-01-14-SMW-TV] Interview: Jim Cornette