Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-06-10-AAA-Triplemania III-A] Perro Aguayo & Konnan & La Parka & Octagon vs Pentagon & Cien Caras & Jerry Estrada & Mascara Ano 2000

Loss

• 1 month later...

Hot main event match when the technicos start getting in some of their own shots. Konnan's hairstyle is amusing, and he does look pretty good in a few sequences, surprisingly enough. Loved Parka's extended dancing in the final fall where he ends up tricking the rudos into triple-teaming Pentagon. A big part of the third fall is opening match/feeling out/comedy-type stuff, which seems a little late in the match. All the drama surrounding the coke bottle is fun, and this is a really terrific main event spectacle, even if it's not really that well laid out a match.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This match was a blast, and was shaping up to be one of the better lucha matches of the year after a super-hot first fall (even before the first fall, with Fuerza and Perro, Jr. going at it). La Parka takes a sick bump off the ringpost and Pentagon is really compelling--kicking Octagon's ass when he blindsides him, but running like a scalded dog when Octagon has a fair shot at him. And holy fuck, that La Parka/Pentagon spot...one of the greatest comedy sequences I've EVER seen. That was some David Copperfield-level shit. Probably the hardest I've laughed at any single thing on any Yearbook so far, once I realized what had happened. All that said, the third fall is a mess with an anticlimactic ending, and that's where this falls comfortably short of being a lucha MOTY. The Octagon-Pentagon story never pays off, and where the fuck WAS Konnan for all this? I literally forgot this was 4-on-4 until he suddenly reappeared at the end. Naturally he gets the winning submission and gets his music played. Hogan-esque.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-06-10-AAA-Triplemania III-A] Perro Aguayo & Konnan & La Parka & Octagon vs Pentagon & Cien Caras & Jerry Estrada & Mascara Ano 2000