Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-09-12-ECW-TV] Interview: Cactus Jack

Loss

• 2 months later...

Famous promo where Cactus walks through the plight of previous hardcore wrestlers such as Ray Stevens, Harley Race and Dynamite Kid.

"How many of you shed a tear for Eddie Gilbert?"

The way he managed to weave all this venting into a point about Tommy Dreamer that actually made sense was brilliant.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

The banner behind Cactus still says "Eastern" on it. I guess PE's spraypaint wore off.

"How many of you dialed up the Dynamite Kid and said, 'Thanks for the dives onto the concrete floor! Sorry you don't have a pot to piss in, or a window to throw it out, but thanks for the memories'?" This should feel exploitative, but it really doesn't--he would of course continue the stunts for years to come, but I think Mick had to be coming from a real place here. Plus invoking Gilbert's name for heat after his death would have been seen by Eddie as a compliment. Cactus invites Dreamer into the fold with him and Raven.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-09-12-ECW-TV] Interview: Cactus Jack
  • 1 year later...

I dont think I have seen this Cactus promo before. Really strong, he would really knock it out of the park next week with Cane Dewey never look back. The war against the fans was on. This promo started triggering memories of Cactus turning on Dreamer in a match with a DDT. I remember Raven saying Cactus "I feel your pain". ECW '95 was so good, its a shame what it became.