Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-11-11-FMW] Hayabusa & W*ING Kanemura & Masato Tanaka vs The Gladiator & Hisakatsu Oya & Super Leather

Loss

• 2 months later...

This is a hell of a match. Again, very different than the other FMW matches to the point. The 10/28 tag was more gimmicky. This one had a few table spots, but no more than some heralded AJW matches, and the rest of it was focused on really great looking highspots and offense. I feel like I should know who Super Leather is, but I have no clue, but he looks really good. Oya and Tanaka work really well together, and I wouldn't mind seeing a singles match between the two. Tanaka takes a lot of punishment, juices, sells well, has great offense and otherwise looks excellent. This would be a good match to add to a Japanese wrestling primer.

Every time I see Kanemura & Tanaka on the same side it just feels so....wrong :)

I feel like I should know who Super Leather is, but I have no clue, but he looks really good.

He was best known for being Corporal Kirchner in WWF. He could be decent, even ocasionally (as in like once, maybe twice a year if you're lucky) good especially if he was booked in multi man matches and or crazy brawls but by and large he fuckin stunk and matches like this are very much exceptions to the rule. Fun as a gimmick guy tho in small doses.

Oya and Tanaka work really well together, and I wouldn't mind seeing a singles match between the two.

Unless there was one in the really early days they never had one that made tape atleast. Didn't cross paths that often in tags either actually since they were usually involved in diffrent feuds when Oya was a heel and in 98 & on they were both usually faces on the same side or in diffrent places on the card to whear a singles wouldn't make sense.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

These FMW 6-mans don't quite carry the psychological depth of All-Japan's, but what does? What they're good for is pretty much non-stop action (though this one is JIP), and surprisingly well-executed action at that. For what's essentially an indy, FMW has amassed a decent amount of depth with regard to well-trained, versatile workers. There are some non-terrible Cpl. Kirschner matches in the WWF but this is the best he's ever looked, I'd gather, and Tanaka after being a supreme dick a few weeks ago plays a great underdog face in peril. The flash pin may be a little weak, but it did fit into the story of the match of Tanaka being a gutsy bastard who's physically overmatched but maybe just a bit craftier than his opponents. Plus it wouldn't have seemed believable at that point for him to make a superman comeback.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-11-11-FMW] Hayabusa & W*ING Kanemura & Masato Tanaka vs The Gladiator & Hisakatsu Oya & Super Leather