Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-12-30-SMW-Christmas Chaos] Buddy Landell vs Dirty White Boy

Loss

• 2 months later...

Buddy is using the Memphis theme as his entrance! Buddy keeps tricking the ref into thinking DWB is cheating. He does this hilarious fakeout thing where they are in the corner and the ref is trying to separate them, and he slaps his hand to make it seem like DWB clocked him. Is this a title match? If so, as well-worked as this is, it doesn't make a ton of sense, because a DQ would cost him the title. Buddy works as heel Lawler, hitting DWB with a chain and then hiding it for the duration of the match. DWB finally wins when the action picks up for the last two minutes. I enjoyed this, but I think these two were capable of better.

Good match. I figured it was for the title. I liked Buddy doing all those spots trying to convince the referee that Dirty White Boy was hitting him with cheap shots. Looked at it more that since Mark Curtis didn't witness these supposed cheap shots he couldn't disqualify DWB. But they helped Buddy as they were getting to DWB as cause him to be off his game early in the match. Agreed that they could have done more with the match though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

More of a TV studio match than a house show title match. Landell's over-the-top selling of a phantom eye poke was a highlight. Buddy uses some sleight of hand to frame DWB for hitting him with a chain--I didn't even notice him planting the chain on him--and gets a reverse-decision victory. Of course, all the attempts at getting DWB disqualified wouldn't net him the title, which is why this would work better as a TV bout, preferably a non-title one, to establish Buddy as a contender first.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-12-30-SMW-Christmas Chaos] Buddy Landell vs Dirty White Boy