Pro Wrestling Only

Smackdown Championship

sek69

Each show still has two draft picks. One of them will be a champ, I'm predicting, and this whole tournament idea will be rendered meaningless. The only way I could see them not going that route is if they really do want to recreate ECW and they're trying to move all the guys with ECW history over to Smackdown and they'll create their own title there. I'd say chances of that are very slim.

They'll either draft Batista or the winner of the WWF Title match. If they don't do that this will be the new Smackdown title while Triple H unifies the WWF and Raw belts at Summerslam so he can be sure to have the most important belt in the company.

Guest Cam Chaos

I'm guessing Teddy will unveil the belt, it will be the World Heavyweight title and he'll proclaim the SD "title holder" is the automatic number 1 contender for the World title if they retain it til a PPV or something like that.

It wouldn't be silly if it was part of a storyline, like Smackdown being down and out, not having a world champion, wondering how they'll recover after losing so many stars and that sort of thing. The show should be in panic mode right now with everyone desperate and backstabbing each other until the right guy gets drafted in, comes in and calms things down, someone speaks out against him pretending to be a "savior" and voila, your first big feud.

I would've had JBL go around saying that he was now the WWF Champion since Cena left. He was carrying around the old belt during their feud so it would've made sense for him to claim it was now the default title. Then when Batista was drafted with the Raw Title you could go from there with them.

They could milk even another storyline out of that. After the belts are unified, have The Mexicools steal the old belt and anoint Eddy Guerrero with it. He could defend it, the Mexicools could bully the announcer into announcing his matches as a title match, etc. Batista gets sick of it, and there's feud #2.