Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-12-22-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler

Loss

• 3 months later...

There is a bounty on Jerry Lawler. $50,000 to anyone who can end this career. No one knows who put it on him. Lawler actually believes Gilbert when he says he isn't the one that put the bounty on him. There are a lot of returning wrestlers looking to collect the bounty. Austin Idol is one of them. Lawler says he's easy to find and will take on all comers. Will be interesting to see this play out in 1991, as I don't remember the reveal at all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This is a good way to do a "Bum of the Month Club" thing where Lawler faces a different challenger every week or two instead of the endless series with one wrestler at a time that he's had for most of this year. First on the list is his old friend Austin Idol, and the King promises that if Idol wants a fight, he'll get one like he got the last time they met. It should be a hot time at the MSC. (I'm guessing that the Unified title tournament final doesn't count in Lawler's eyes, since he mentioned sending Idol out on a stretcher after ramming his crotch into the steel post.)

Based on what we've seen so far, it's a bit of a stretch for me to believe that Funk put a bounty on Eddie. He's an unpredictable sort, though, so it's not totally impossible. I guess we'll find out in the weeks ahead.

• GSR changed the title to [1990-12-22-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler