Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-03-16-USWA-Memphis TV] Eddie Gilbert & Jeff Jarrett vs Texas Boys

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Jarrett and Gilbert are getting laid out in a Hell in a Cell-type cage by the Texas Boys. Doug Gilbert completes what's at least a quasi-babyface turn only to get spike piledriven twice on the floor. Finally Jackie Fargo makes the save, setting up the 8-man cage match Monday night. Eric Embry plans to beat Lawler's Tennessee brains out and retire him in the name of the United States of Texas.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I get that Lawler had just had a brutal match against Funk, but he was the one who should have come down to make the save for the faces, not Fargo. I can understand Tojo taking bumps for Fargo, but not Embry and Prichard. As I said in an earlier thread, that was probably part of the deal to get Fargo to come back, but I wouldn't have done it. Let a regular ref deal with Lawler/Funk if need be.

Other than that, this was just your basic wild Monday night at the MSC. Now I guess Doug's in with the Tennessee side after getting piledriven twice by Embry and Prichard. I'd still rather see Dundee as the fourth Tennesseean, but I guess Doug's a nice departure from the obvious, especially since his regular partner Tony Anthony's apparently nowhere to be found.

I liked Embry's declaration that he'll retire Lawler in the name of the United States of Texas. I still think Prichard's the better talker of the two, though.

Hey, Dr. Tom, Lawler never said he was retiring; he just said he was taking some time off. Get the Texas oil out of your ears so you can hear better!

Dr. Tom also gets the best line here, much to Dave Brown's embarrassment: "The best-looking ladies in Texas wear blue jeans........or nothing at all."

• GSR changed the title to [1991-03-16-USWA-Memphis TV] Eddie Gilbert & Jeff Jarrett vs Texas Boys