Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-08-26-WWF-Summerslam] Interview: Hulk Hogan & Ultimate Warrior

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hogan is feeling the same rush he felt on January 23, 1984. Yep, the Andre feud, the War to Settle the Score, and the comeback against Earthquake don't quite compare against Sgt. Slaughter, a washed-up ex-champion, and a manager. Warrior makes absolutely no attempt to tie in his feud with Jake and the Undertaker--Hogan and Okerlund have to do it instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I disagree, Soup. I think they were about as sincere as 1991 WWF got. The problem was, who didn't think that they could at least beat the hell out of Adnan, if nothing else? Even if Sarge wrestled most of the match, he'd be going two-on-one against the two most powerful men in the WWF. which no one thought would end well. They would have been better served subbing Jake and Taker for Sheik and Adnan, as I suggested earlier. This would have made Sarge the weak link and thus provided justification for him being the one to take the fall. It would have also given Savage a ready-made partner for tag matches. Of course, given how much Sarge had left, Sheik and Adnan were probably better opponents for him.

We're back to Mania VI-type blathering, as Hogan claims that the venom from Jake's cobra only gives Warrior more energy. Gee, if that's true, how come Warrior didn't hire Jake to bring him a snake before every match? The comparison to the night he won the title seems tame by comparison.

I can't believe it took the WWF machine until the night Warrior was leaving the company to come up with Warrior Wildness. You'd think that they would have used that slogan long before this. (Come to think of it, I think they used it at Survivor Series '90. Remember the immortal trio of Hulkamania, Warrior Wildness and Arribaderci, otherwise known to us mortals as Tito Santana?)

I can't believe it took the WWF machine until the night Warrior was leaving the company to come up with Warrior Wildness. You'd think that they would have used that slogan long before this. (Come to think of it, I think they used it at Survivor Series '90. Remember the immortal trio of Hulkamania, Warrior Wildness and Arribaderci, otherwise known to us mortals as Tito Santana?)

They had tried to put forth "Warrior Wildness" since early '90 before he had the title. I remember them pushing it on the SNME where Hogan/Warrior took on Mr. Perfect/Genius. It just never caught on.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-08-26-WWF-Summerslam] Interview: Hulk Hogan & Ultimate Warrior