Pro Wrestling Only

Jim Breaks

http://www.deathvalleydriver.com/dvdvr/dvdvr147.html

Jon Cortez vs Jim Breaks- 2/4/1981-(DEAN RASMUSSEN):It's 7 in the morning on a Sunday. Being the sabbath, I can only assume the Lord wants to get closer to me and to bless me and have his shine upon me bacause there is a Jim Breaks match from 1981 on this dvd. Phil Rippa- who is on sabbaticcal or who has turned heel or is plotting our deaths- sends me all these fucking awesome British wrestling dvds that he gets from Batboy. I have like ten of these now and I feel disingenuous by starting with a collection of a great British wrestler because you really need to know that for every masterpiece of weird ass matwork you get, you would also get a 7 round Kendo Nagasaki tag match with two guys who appear to be former Harold McMillan cabinet ministers. Let me say that Jim motherfucking Breaks is your motherfucking DADDY, motherfucker. He is sooooooo motherfucking great. Breaks is this scrawny, hateful, high-pitched whiny British asshole heel who is sooooooooooo much better than anybody else on any of these dvds. Johnny Saint and Fit Finlay and Steve Regal and Clive Myers and Sayama and Marc Rocco and whoever else you can conjure- Jim Breaks gottem beat. So fucking carney and he can just enrage an audience by being a whimpering ninny one minute and being a bonecrushing shooter in the next. He does every trick in the book: taunting the crowd while spindling Cortez' arm on the mat, feigning a charge on Cortez as he is walking to the corner between rounds, the Fuerza Guerrera handshake spots- sheer genius. Cortez is all elegant and graceful and Breaks gives him the business and calls him a pansy before Breaks rudos a snapmare like fuckin Blue Panther. Breaks does all these carney armholds that everybody needs to steal. They look fucking NASTY. He augments the carney holds with the carney baiting of the rubes. It's like if you had a clown in the dunking booth be able snap all the tendons in your shoulder. He is all insults and violence- like a real heel does, and he does it all in the ring. The audience is just completely captivated. Guys at computers typing at 7 in the morning 24 years later are captivated. Breaks was the British Ric Flair. God, the same round where he does the Snapmare Challenge, he does a molten headlock sequence that ENRAGES the rubes and plays to the strength of Cortez grace as Cortez escapes. He then sells Cortex bizarre Santo headstake variation like screeching 6 year old. Between round 2 and 3, he points at people in the audience and threatens them. Cortez with the cravate and Breaks responds by reversing into a headlock and sneaking in a punch to the head. Breaks goes on the offense and mixes in legal open hand strikes with other strikes when he can get the ref behind him- all the while denying everything to the crowd in his astoundingly annoying voice. He fishhooks Cortez while arguing with the ref and the crowd goes molten in hate. Finally Cortez freaks out and starts slamming Breaks head on the mat and the babyface pop is straight out of Memphis 1976. Then Cortez gets the public warning after Breaks has broken every rule in wrestling. SOUTHERN AS A FUCKING COUNTRY FRIED STEAK. Breaks should been a fucking British Freebird. So Breaks goes back to taunting the crowd while cheating in a headlock and the crowd at this point is popping like Sting has just propelled down from the rafters in 1999 whenever Cortez gets anything in. Fourth round, Cortez is too fast for Breaks, hitting all these beautiful armdrags. Breaks taunts Cortez' bouncing on his toes and Cortez headbutts him in the stomach. Breaks being Proto-Rudo, points directly to his dick and yells un foule. Cortez does a shoulderwrench and Breaks sells it like Ray the Crippler Stevens. He tries again and Breaks forearms him in the head and wrenches in his arm-shattering submission hold and Breaks wins. There is nothing else I can say. Jim Breaks is GOD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, I need this and all of Jim Breaks matches asap.

Has anyone seen any of his work?

Tim

I only watched about 4/5ths of it as I was starting to get burnt out after watching too much wrestling last night. It was pretty good and the crowd was right into Jim Breaks heel charactor. The kid he was wrestling was only 17 years old.

Myers vs Grey was really interesting. I know some people won't like the flow overall in this one but it still has to be checked out by everyone because of the technique, speed, timing, counters, various wrestling holds, comedy spots and some really sweet wrestling sequences. Lots of intelligent stuff going on in the ring. Myers was a natural athelete/wrestler who just belonged in the square circle. Definitely has to be seen.