Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling Culture Episode 34

Finished the year end show, great show like always.

I appreciated Dylan spelling out criticisms with the Shield/Hell No-Ryback match. I can certainly see people that adore that match but I had some pretty big severe problems with it that didn't make it resonate for me. Also enjoyed the variety of matches mentioned very much. I was kind of surprised no one mentioned HHH/Taker from Wrestlemania. I know Dylan didn't like that match very much but I figure it to do well in the final observer awards and besides Michael’s junior high acting job, I enjoyed the actual in ring work a good deal.

When I first saw Taker/HHH I thought it was okay, but needlessly long and Michaels nonsense hurt it. I watched it again not that long ago and was actually shocked at how much I didn't like it. The beginning of it is okay, but as it went along it quickly turned into the worst sort of overacted soap opera match. I still think "Old gay couple deciding whether or not to put down their sick dog" is a valid description of much of the match, though I think the Green Mile comp is better - Taker is a decent Mr. Jingles, HHH is poor as John Coffey and Michaels is terrible as Tom Hanks character.

When I first saw Taker/HHH I thought it was okay, but needlessly long and Michaels nonsense hurt it. I watched it again not that long ago and was actually shocked at how much I didn't like it. The beginning of it is okay, but as it went along it quickly turned into the worst sort of overacted soap opera match. I still think "Old gay couple deciding whether or not to put down their sick dog" is a valid description of much of the match, though I think the Green Mile comp is better - Taker is a decent Mr. Jingles, HHH is poor as John Coffey and Michaels is terrible as Tom Hanks character.

That's one of my absolute favorite descriptions of a wrestling match I've ever heard. Of anything, really.