Pro Wrestling Only

Did this card ever happen?

thebrainfollower

Going through GC's site for 85 results to fill a bored afternoon I came across this listing.

WWF @ Westwood, NJ - Pasckack High School - January 8, 1985

Charlie Fulton defeated Rene Goulet

SD Jones defeated Mr. Fuji

Hillbilly Jim defeated Jose Luis Rivera

The Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff defeated the Wild Samoans

Don Muraco defeated Tito Santana

Mike Rotundo fought Adrian Adonis to a draw

Barry Windham defeated Dick Murdoch

Paul Orndorff defeated the Tonga Kid via count-out

Jimmy Snuka defeated Bob Orton Jr. via disqualification

WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan defeated Roddy Piper via disqualification

Now here's the thing. This is a high school card. A freaking high school. And yet other than WM and the Wrestling Classic I think you could easily make a case that this is the most star studded card all year round. Hogan-Piper in a high school. Santana, Muraco, Snuka, Orton, Sheik, Volkoff, Windham, Murdoch, Rotundo, Adonis. Heck other than Andre, JYD, Studd and Valentine this is the entire top roster of the time. About the only theory I have is Vince needed some money to pay his WM celebs in advance, went to the Mafia for it, and somebody wanted his kids high school to have the granddaddy of all shows to show off to his friends.

Going through GC's site for 85 results to fill a bored afternoon I came across this listing.

Now here's the thing. This is a high school card. A freaking high school. And yet other than WM and the Wrestling Classic I think you could easily make a case that this is the most star studded card all year round. Hogan-Piper in a high school. Santana, Muraco, Snuka, Orton, Sheik, Volkoff, Windham, Murdoch, Rotundo, Adonis. Heck other than Andre, JYD, Studd and Valentine this is the entire top roster of the time. About the only theory I have is Vince needed some money to pay his WM celebs in advance, went to the Mafia for it, and somebody wanted his kids high school to have the granddaddy of all shows to show off to his friends.

It could have been a Field House at a High School. Our Field House at my High School, (also in Jersey) was fucking gigantic. I d imagine there were a few more like mine. This show was in Bergen County, which is a wealthy area near NYC, so the "family influence" theory may hold water, :)

It could have been a Field House at a High School. Our Field House at my High School, (also in Jersey) was fucking gigantic. I d imagine there were a few more like mine. This show was in Bergen County, which is a wealthy area near NYC, so the "family influence" theory may hold water, :)

It's still considerably more stacked then the A-shows were back then. It's definitely weird.