Pro Wrestling Only

Extreme Rules

goodhelmet

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kris, I think that is overreacting. Henry won his Wrestlemania match against this month's PPV headliner. Sheamus lost his tag with Orton and Show. At worst, it is 50/50 booking which also sucks.

Sheamus is slotted higher than Ryback though....he may not get main events all the time but he is definitely higher on the food chain

Kris, I think that is overreacting. Henry won his Wrestlemania match against this month's PPV headliner. Sheamus lost his tag with Orton and Show. At worst, it is 50/50 booking which also sucks.

I think pretending Henry's win at Mania meant anything goes against everything that has happened since then. It hasn't been talked about or pushed at all. Ryback was pushed opposite Cena immediately after the loss, which was presented as a fluke anyhow.

The strap match felt a bit awkward to me, especially with the commentators having explain every thirty seconds that you had to start again when you 'lost your momentum'. Wasn't especially brutal either, not compared to something like Austin/Vega. The whole show hasn't been especially extreme. Not expecting barbed wire bloodbaths in the current climate, but most of this isn't any different from what happens on Raw every week. Ambrose/Kofi looked the most brutal match and there wasn't a weapon involved.

Oh, and Jack Swagger is woeful. Del Rio isn't much better. Both seem devoid of natural charisma or connection with the crowd, it all seems really forced. All cheap heat and fake aggression.

Del Rio vs. Swagger - I Quit

This had some really nasty weapon usage and violent exchanges. This was a really good sprint minus the frequency of the ref asking if one would quit. The instant replay was hilarious and great I thought.

Well that was superb as expected, match of the night. Daniel Bryan and Kane deserve an amazing amount of credit for how they have rebuilt that tag team division to the point where the belts finally mean something again, one of the best reigns of all time without a doubt. Hopefully there are a few rematches through the summer, if they are given twenty five minutes these guys could have a real MOTYC.

All those knees by Tyler Black looked fantastic.

I'm not sure if it just stood out in contrast to the way the other matches have been worked, but I loved the tag title match. Texas Tornado matches should be shortish, high energy, sprints and this match was exactly that. Loved all of the saves and the tag work by both teams. Finish looked really cool too.

Shield vs. Team Hell No - Tornado Tag

Good spotfest with a great finish. There were a couple of great spots in this too. It was a fun little match. I have to say though that all of these matches are just getting no more than seven or eight minutes. That means the LMS and Cage matches are going to be really fucking long. I'm mostly dreading HHH-Brock.

I thought Orton/Show was a great match and this is coming from someone who has no interest in Orton at all. Show worked that match exactly how a giant should work and I give Randy credit for holding up his end as well too. Loved the way Show kept cutting down his weaponry attempts early, the big bump through the ladder was sick, Show being able to survive the RKO's was a fun touch that fits a "giant" and the finish was a cool surprise. I could have done without ORton's celebration before the pinfall on the punt, but otherwise I thought the match was great.

Yep, my stream was complete dogshit down the stretch of this which is too bad because I saw the great bulk of it and it appeared to be as good a "clash of the titans" hoss v. hoss match as you are going to see in a match like this. Will definitely need to catch the replay but I liked the underdog Cena act on the front end and the "reckless and will try anything Cena on the back end. Ryback selling is hit or miss, but this looked good and the finish was nuts.