Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-02-15-ECW-TV] Terry Funk promo

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

Another really good Terry Funk promo -- as crazy as it is to say, he may have been the best talker in the business, even this late. He keeps pushing his last run and that he wants one more shot to be ECW champ. Here he explains what motivates him to do that after everything else he has already accomplished in wrestling.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the again analogies to tough times in his forefathers past that Terry references in these promos as he gears up for his last big run. I really wish this was it for him as an angle this stuff has been some of the best iteration of this kind of thing I have seen so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1997-02-15-ECW-TV] Terry Funk promo
  • 6 months later...

This was another peach of a promo, though nowhere near as emotional as the one a couple weeks back. This time he tells the story of some old rodeo man and a bull called Tornado. It sounds like something you'd hear in a Chris LeDoux song, told like your granddaddy would as you sit by the fire. He's the old rodeo man in ECW now and the world title is his Tornado. How in the fuck can you not love this man? He honest to god comes across as the most likeable man in all of wrestling, which is an incredible sort of ironic given the promotion he's in and where the wrestling business was headed at the time.