Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-04-05-ECW-TV] Raven promo

Loss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We started again good with high points on Sandman and stevie. Both were concise and effective. Then we turn to Funk and he completely loses me and again goes into his woe is me speech. I still am lost as to how this is supposed to work as a character because instead of hate for Raven I feel annoyance and sadness.

• 1 year later...

Raven's promo on Stevie is actually pretty good. Then he gets to Terry Funk and goes off on a weird tangent about the Jesus footprints in the desert story then talks about "carrying" Funk to a great match. A little off the mark, but still working to hype the match. And *then* we go fully off the rails as we get to Raven's father. It's not often that you say this, but WCW's addition to the character of making him a spoiled rich boy growing up was a major improvement to his character and something that should have been touched on here. We close out with a reciting of "1979" by the Smashing Pumpkins.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-04-05-ECW-TV] Raven promo