Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-04-07-LLPW] Megumi Kudo & Shinobu Kandori & Michiko Omukai & Kaori Nakayama vs Shark Tsuchiya & Eagle Sawai & Sayori Okino & Miss Mongol

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

The Kudo retirement tour continues to deliver, this time in a pretty wild 8-woman tag with a bunch of C-list Joshi stars (and Kudo and Kandori) going all out to give us a bloody, hate-filled brawl that eventually settles into great tag formula and finally bomb throwing galore. I appreciate how much fun the heels seem to be having here doing their tribute to Dump's Army, along with the nod they give to Southern staples like cutting the ring in half. She doesn't have the rep of her peers, but Shinobu Kandori is awesome just for how she carries herself. It's a shame 1997 is considered such a rough year for Joshi. I realize it's a favorable edit, but I have liked every single Joshi match so far this year. This may be the best so far and check out the ovation these girls get from the crowd after it's all over. Great, great match.

• 3 weeks later...

Kandori is gushing blood right off the bat. That might be the worst attired referee ever. The always difficult double dropkick off the top rope. Both ended up going low but seemed to connect still. Lots of new faces for me. I don’t like when moves are messed up and then they try to do the same thing right after. The crowd appreciated them all at end. I think I am similar to Soup on this one.

• 1 year later...

Sort of like the DDP-Savage bout: pretty good, not great, better after the opening out-of-the-ring brawl. Shark does her best to drag this down but she's the only real stain on the match. Eagle provides some really fun big fatty offense and Miss Mongol does her gimmick with panache, at least. Kandori is awesome as ever, a great brawler who still has as many ways to put you in a Fujiwara armbar as DDP does to Diamond Cut you. The ladies I'd never heard of or seen were the biggest surprises, naturally--I don't know if they were youngsters or just undercarders but they carried themselves like experience joshi pros. Ending was kind of blah but there were some neat double-teams and spots leading up to it.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-04-07-LLPW] Megumi Kudo & Shinobu Kandori & Michiko Omukai & Kaori Nakayama vs Shark Tsuchiya & Eagle Sawai & Sayori Okino & Miss Mongol