Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-12-06-ECW-TV] Stevie Richards promo

Loss

• 2 months later...

Stevie Richards does a promo addressing his return to ECW. He talks about how the "You Sold Out" chants - among other things - really bugged him. He really doesn't think much of ECW fans, which makes him a babyface in my eyes. He seems to be working a different gimmick upon his return. They don't use the phrases, but his look is different and there's less comedy. So he basically went to WCW so he could return to ECW and be repackaged.

• 2 weeks later...

They were making him a bit more serious before he left ECW. Then he went completely goofy again in WCW before coming back to ECW. He wants to thank the ECW fans for making him a superstar and closes out the interview by tripping as he walks away. I don’t know if that was a nod to his previous comedy self but it didn’t fit the more serious Richards in this promo.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a lame and hollow attempt at recreating Superstar Steve Austin. I just said this a few posts ago but between Shane Douglas, the NWO, DX, and now Stevie, ENOUGH OF THE FUCKING GIGGLING HEELS ALREADY. Also, this *may* have had more effect if the puppets at N2R weren't tripping all over themselves to welcome Stevie back even as he was laying out their hero and helping Team WWF.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-12-06-ECW-TV] Stevie Richards promo