Pro Wrestling Only

Vote for NJPW WrestleKingdom 8's Main Event

FedEx227

What is likely a result of Naito getting a cold reaction at Saturday's Power Struggle event, NJPW is letting fans decide who goes on last at the Dome show:

Nakamura/Tanahashi (IC Title)

or

Okada/Naito (Heavyweight Title)

I go into some details about the background and why it happened here: http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2013/11/1...m-8-main-event/

The poll is here: http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/wrestling/pc/inf...1111/index.html

When you open up the vote box, which match is which (its easy enough before then with the G-1 text). Anyway, Ill vote for Naito. I have no idea if he is ready for the spotlight or not but I do recall a lot of bewildered comments at Okada being put in the IWGP match in February 2012 and that turned out ok so I think now that Gedo/Jado have decided to go with Naito as the G-1 champ and the next challenger, they should honor that stipulation and give it the main event spot. Same reason I was dismayed at Edge curtain jerking WM 27 against Royal Rumble winner Del Rio.

When you open up the vote box, which match is which (its easy enough before then with the G-1 text). Anyway, Ill vote for Naito. I have no idea if he is ready for the spotlight or not but I do recall a lot of bewildered comments at Okada being put in the IWGP match in February 2012 and that turned out ok so I think now that Gedo/Jado have decided to go with Naito as the G-1 champ and the next challenger, they should honor that stipulation and give it the main event spot. Same reason I was dismayed at Edge curtain jerking WM 27 against Royal Rumble winner Del Rio.

The first option is Heavyweight, second bullet is IC:

Worthy of the final game of the big event double main event! Annual maximum is either? ※

() IWGP Heavyweight Championship () IWGP Intercontinental Championship

This is the kind of backwards thinking I might expect from Inoki's fascination with shooters era. No matter what wins the poll, why devalue your world title by giving fans the option to put a secondary belt ahead of it on the biggest show of the year? If you're that down on Naito, book him out of the main event and be done with it. Just don't see how Okada, Naito or the title come out stronger from this type of scenario.