Pro Wrestling Only

Lesnar offered WWE contract

Guest Benjie

Guest Benjie

Lesnar offered WWE contract

WWE.com has learned that Brock Lesnar has met with his attorney, David Olsen, to discuss the written contract offer Lesnar received last week from World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. It is unclear when the contract will be signed. The terms were not disclosed.

- WWE.com

I'd rather he was on Raw. There's nothing for him on Smackdown. They can build to Lesnar/Batista without them being on the same show. We've already seen Lesnar against Undertaker. What else is there? No one cares about JBL/Lesnar or Orton, Christian, Booker T. Vs. Lesnar.

Guest Benjie

RAW would be a more fresh place for him as then he'd have new opponents. Apart from Angle and Cena he hasn't really touched anyone in a feud. I'd personally like to see him replace JBL as the top heel on SmackDown!, as on RAW I don't think there would be enough room to have him, Angle and Hunter as top heels.

You're crazy if you don't think Brock will be coming back as a face. All returning superstars get the return pop. WWE should capitalize on that. Let Lesnar be a face for awhile. Then all the people you said he won't feud with, he could. Also, if he was a face, he could be the one to break the Masterlock.

HBK, HHH, Y2J, Angle, & Edge. Hell, he could even throw around The Big Show some more, although Show is kinda face right now.

Lesnar returning to RAW would pretty much seal the fate of Smackdown. I'm sure Vince wants him to make his return on a live show rather than a taped show, but if they don't put SOMEBODY with star power on SD soon they won't be able to get a new contract for it.

Returning to RAW as a face would be the worst possible use of him I can imagine. He's not a babyface. That's not what makes him work. Even if people pop for the return, that doesn't mean that they necessarily want to cheer him for the long term, or that running Brock against all the heels is a good idea. Smackdown needs a big name and a top heel that can replace JBL as He Who Always Headlines. Besides, he's already had played out feuds with Angle and Show. He's only scratched the surface with Benoit on Smackdown, who's the perfect opponent to keep him busy until they do the inevitable Batista program, which really should be the WM 22 main event.

Shit, with Smackdown going to Friday's and the UPN deal running out, and UPN telling WWE they can't use Hassan, Brock is too good for fucking Smackdown. I think WWE SHOULD shit on Smackdown. Let the shit end instead of sending Brock there to flounder like everyone else.

I do agree that Brock is a better heel than face...but it doesn't really matter. He could be more like a tweener and just decimate everyone.

I don't think a whole lot of people care about Benoit being in top programs.

It's not about Benoit, it's about giving Lesnar a good feud that has built-in history to kill time until Wrestlemania. I'm not about to suggest that they kill a show featuring Eddy, Rey and Benoit, who all have value to the company. If they're going to kill it, they might as well just take it off the air completely. No use having a TV show at all if it doesn't benefit the company in any way.

Shit, with Smackdown going to Friday's and the UPN deal running out, and UPN telling WWE they can't use Hassan, Brock is too good for fucking Smackdown. I think WWE SHOULD shit on Smackdown.

Yes that's a good business model.... :rolleyes:

As long as they actually have the show, they need to build it up. They won't, I know, but Vince's alter ego does run amok on there, so the show does have some value to the company.

Guest Benjie

Lesnar update: negotiations break down

After verbally agreeing to terms with WWE, Brock Lesnar has decided to withdraw from any involvement with the company.

Check back here for more on this developing story.

WWE.com

I'll have to dig it up but one of the recent issues of the Observer recently explained the issues surrounding WWE.com.

Basically, HHH felt the site was giving away too much so they cut back and began kayfabing more. Then, Vince was tired of other websites (like the Observer) breaking stories first, so now they are trying to revert back to being more news-oriented. Unfortuantely, when they pull off BS stunts like this they fail at both.

Guest Cam Chaos

HHH probably wanted to earn brownie points en route to marrying Steph by lobbying to "protect the business". Now he's married to her, he probably couldn't care if they reported Martians landing.