Pro Wrestling Only

[2010-02-11-Osaka Pro-Hurricane 2010] Dick Togo vs Billy Ken Kid

Loss

• 3 years later...

I am not totally on board with the Dick Togo: Super Worker narrative just yet but matches like these certainly help his case. A commanding heel performance as the arrogant champion vs. the smaller challenger. Taunting, mask ripping, cheapshots and lowblows, sadism, it's all there. Great desperation from him in the finishing stretch as BKK was able to overcome all of that and Togo was running out of steam. The interference spots were very clever and well done with respect to the narrative and payoffs. Great match. ****

• 10 months later...

Togo was pretty dang great as the dick rudo in his match against Billy Ken Kid. I mean, he attacks Kid in the midst of his streamers, beating him up on the outside and hitting a senton from the ramp to the floor. He badmouths fans, he poses in the corner, he teases the removal of Kid's mask and then just starts ripping it apart. Straight rudo activity. Kid finally gets a little reprieve by taking out Togo and crew with a beautiful tope con hilo, then busts Togo open with a corner dropkick. He can't build enough momentum to put Togo away and when he tries for another dive, he flies straight into a steel chair, which allows Togo to rip the mask completely off, proudly displaying it for the crowd. Kid's trying to stay covered with a towel but when he's finally thrown a new mask, he enters superhero mode. The match lulls for a bit here until Togo hits an RKO out of nowhere! He busts out all the signatures, including the Pedigree>diving senton combo but Kid survives, busting out all of HIS signatures before putting Togo away for good with the Firebird Splash. Dick Togo rules but Kid's a fun babyface in peril.

• GSR changed the title to [2010-02-11-Osaka Pro-Hurricane 2010] Dick Togo vs Billy Ken Kid
  • 1 year later...

Osaka Pro Wrestling Champion Dick Togo vs Billy Ken Kid - Osaka Pro 2/11/0

I successfully used Dick Togo as a way to bait Goodhelmet to go watch an Evolve show with me when he was visiting Mass. So I got to see Dick Togo live and I have met Will so that was a great twofer. 

Dick Togo is 100% rudo here as he in the midst of quite the campaign of great matches in the early 2010s. The pinnacle is his match against Honda in 2011. Togo sets the tone right from jump. He does not wait for the bell and attacks Billy Ken Kid as the streamers are flying. Billy Ken Kid looks like an Ultimo Dragon wannabe. Togo busts out every heel trick in the book. I love the M-Pro throw your opponent into the chairs and wipe them all out. He does the tape choke. He does a ball shot. He takes off the top turnbuckle pad. He has a heel entourage that distracts & interferes. He goes full Ric Flair and begs off, eye poke and then takes a Press Slam off the top. If you love Rudo wrestling like me, you will love this. He also works an offensive clinic, diving off the ramp to the floor, working the back. He RIPS the mask, the ultimate rudo move. Kid vaults him off the apron and into the ring post nice spot. Swandives from the top taking out Togo & his entourage. Dick Togo is bleeding! Yes exactly what this match needed blood and a ripped mask. Too bad Kid is pretty mediocre. Togo rips him down into Crossface but Billy gets the ropes. Togo swings with a chair misses but when Billy comes diving out after him Togo smashes the chair into his head. Then he rips the mask clean off Billy. This has been a one man show and a total clinic by Dick Togo. Billy Ken Kid wrestles the match with a towel over his face and gets a small package for a great hope spot nearfall. Togo charges into the corner and misses. Billy Ken Kid gets his mask back and puts it on. This is a BIG Moment and Billy Ken Kid sells it well. This is when you think he is going to unleash all this fury and throw right back into Togo face. But then nothing happens. It just sputters out. It is so sad. Like all this heel heat has been given to you kid and he did nothing with it. Dick Togo takes back over with an Ace Crusher and then another Crossface. Pedigree->HUGE SENTON! 1-2-NO! I am in shock and thats when I knew the kid was going to do it. I was bummed. He didnt earn it at all. Togo was a total pro but sorry no dice Billy Ken Kid is lame. One of Dick Togo's posse accidentally hits Togo in the head with chair. They are even running protection. Kid is hits a couple moves and finally a 450 Splash gets him the win. 

Want to see an excellent one man show watch this match Dick Togo rules! When it came time for Billy Ken Kid to shine, he was a wet fart. ***1/2 only because Dick Togo was that damn good.