Pro Wrestling Only

Starrcade DVD

Loss

According to PWInsider, there's a Best of Starrcade double disc set coming out the first week of December. Woohoo. Anyway, assuming you have about five hours to work with, what matches would you include on the set? Hopefully they'll shy away from putting Flair/Race on a *third* WWE DVD release, but we'll see, and I could understand how it could have a place on this set.

Awesome.

I am going to go with picks that have already been released commercially interspersed with matches I would like to see.

1984 - Ricky Steamboat vs. Tully Blanchard

1985 - Magnum TA vs. Tully Blanchard

1988 - Ric Flair vs. Lex Luger

1990 - Doom vs. Windham/Anderson

1992 - Steamboat/Douglas vs. Windham/Pillman

Christ, they really need to do a Best of Great American Bash/Beach Blast/Bash at the Beach.

And then a Misc one with Wrestle War, Clash matches, Capital Combat.

Guest cawthon777

83 - Briscos vs. Steamboat & Youngblood

84 - Steamboat vs. Blanchard

85 - Magnum vs. Blanchard

86 - RnR vs. Andersons (cage)

87 - Luger vs. Dusty (cage), Roadies vs. Anderson & Blanchard

88 - Flair vs. Luger

92 - Sting vs. Vader, Steamboat & Douglas vs. Windham & Pillman

93 - Flair vs. Vader

96 - Liger vs. Mysterio OR Malenko vs. Ultimo (forget which was better)

97 - Sting vs. Hogan

98 - Goldberg vs. Nash (this could be vital in explaining why WCW went under)

99 - Benoit vs. Jarrett (ladder)

This release sounds somewhat like the 1988 Best of 2-tape set hosted by Mangum TA. I hope it is considering that's somewhat hard to find and all the matches are complete.

Hopefully they'll shy away from putting Flair/Race on a *third* WWE DVD release, but we'll see, and I could understand how it could have a place on this set.

Just to let you know, since I probably own more WWE DVDs than anyone else here (at least the recent ones), the Flair/Race match has only been on one release. The noting of it on the Best of the 80s DVD was a false advertisement.

Guest teke184

My choices:

1. Flair-Race steel cage match from Starrcade 1983 (On the Flair set and the Steel Cage Matches DVDs, I think)

2. Piper-Valentine dog collar match from Starrcade 1983 (Greatest Wrestling Stars of the 1980s DVD)

3. Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood vs. Jack Brisco and Jerry Brisco from Starrcade 1983

4. Magnum TA vs. Tully Blanchard in an I Quit steel cage match from Starrcade 1985

5. Rock And Roll Express vs. the Koloffs in a steel cage match from Starrcade 1985

6. Jimmy Valiant and "Miss Atlanta Lively" (Ronnie Garvin in drag) vs. the Midnight Express in a street fight from Starrcade 1985 (This is for the entertainment value of noted tough-guy Garvin wrestling in drag)

7. Lex Luger vs. Ric Flair from Starrcade 1988

8. Road Warriors vs. Steiner Brothers from Starrcade 1989

9. Sting vs. Great Muta from Starrcade 1989

10. Ric Flair vs. Sting from Starrcade 1989

11. Lex Luger vs. Stan Hansen from Starrcade 1990

12. Ric Flair and Arn Anderson vs. Doom from Starrcade 1990

13. Sting vs. Vader from Starrcade 1992

14. Flair vs. Vader from Starrcade 1993

15. Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs. Chris Benoit from Starrcade 1995

16. Shinjiro Ohtani vs. Eddy Guerrero from Starrcade 1995

17. Ric Flair vs. Lex Luger vs. Sting frm Starrcade 1995

18. Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs. Rey Misterio Jr. from Starrcade 1996

19. Billy Kidman vs. Juventud Guerrera vs. Rey Misterio Jr. from Starrcade 1998

20. Billy Kidman vs. Eddy Guerrero from Starrcade 1998

21. Three Count vs. Jung Dragons vs. Jamie Noble and Evan Karagias in a ladder match from Starrcade 2000

Guest Famous Mortimer

Sting - Vader would be a lock in the real world, but maybe their lack of an agreement with Sting might make them think of other matches. I hope not.

Sting - Vader would be a lock in the real world, but maybe their lack of an agreement with Sting might make them think of other matches. I hope not.

They own the footage, so who cares if Sting likes it or not? They've included stuff with Bruno on DVDs already and I'm sure they didn't have an agreement with him.

My choices:

1. Flair-Race steel cage match from Starrcade 1983 (On the Flair set and the Steel Cage Matches DVDs, I think)

4. Magnum TA vs. Tully Blanchard in an I Quit steel cage match from Starrcade 1985

Flair-Race is only on the Flair DVD. Magnum-Tully, however, is on the Steel Cage DVD.