Pro Wrestling Only

Time frame of the WCW tournament?

Loss

What time frame should we use for voting in the WCW tournament?  

1. 1.

• I'm an old skool NWA baby. Start us off in 1985, when Crockett went to TBS~!
    • I'm a really old skool NWA baby. Starrcade '83 was the first supercard, so start there~!
    • Hey, Turner bought the company in late 1988, so let's just start in 1988 so Flair isn't totally written off~!
    • I hate wrestling. Start with the name change in 1991~!
    • I have something else to say and I'd prefer to just say it openly in the thread. I'm difficult~!

I'm a big NWA fan (still am actually), and it always frosts my cookies to see 80s stuff listed as "WCW".

WCW didn't exist until 1991 or so, just because Turner rebranded everything doesn't mean JCP and whatnot becomes WCW.

Sorry, but that's always been a pet peeve of mine, same as people who can't figure out that the NWA and WCW world titles had separate lines.

I did. My reasoning is because I have more experience with WCW than pre-WCW era wrestling from TBS. I mean, I'm only twenty-three years old. I didn't start watching wresting outside of Hulk Hogan for a few years. I feel I wouldn't be able to partake in the festivities if you were talking about people, like the Fantastics, whom I don't know anything about.

For the WCW tournament, we'll most likely take the same route we took with the WWF one and DVDs won't be necessary. We're looking at starting the Best Match stuff around the first of the year when I will also have burning and copying capabilities. Thanks for the offer and I'll let you know on that one when we're ready, but it's going to take some time. We could probably slowly start doing some nominations now for every Best Match tournament we do, actually. There's an idea. Just to keep everything organized.

As for the WCW tournament, I'm going to let the poll run until Thursday just so it's open for a week. Looks like we're leaning toward 1991-2001.