Pro Wrestling Only

What happened on RAW?

goodhelmet

Shawn Michaels cut a shooty, sarcastic promo on Hogan. Talked about how HBK couldn't keep up with his technical prowless and untouchable catch-us-catch-can style and speed. This prompted Chris Masters to randomly come out and him and HBK brawled. So, Shawn is still a face, apparently, but is trying to get over that he doesn't like Hogan. Either that or he's the most confusing tweener ever. Masterlock Challenge next week between the two.

There was a decent Shelton Vs. Angle match. A well timed commercial break killed a lot of the flow though. Angle was made to look stronger.

Cena wrestled Jericho in a loser is fired match. Cena won. Jericho begged to keep his job to no avail. Angle did a run-in post match to beat the slop out of Cena and Bischoff said Angle is the #1 contender. This was the main and how the show ended.

Torrie Wilson and Candice are on Raw now. They were "traded" for Christy and Stacy. Torrie and Candice "turned heel" by doing a beatdown on the Diva Winner Ashley.

Ric Flair was on Carlito's Cabana. Went crazy. Dropped an elbow on his jacket and beat up Carlito after Carlito tried to "woo," failed, then said "wooing's not cool anyway."

There was a promo for a new tag team. Garrison Cade, whom is Lance Cade again I think and the former Stan Dupp whom has a "Deliverance" gimmick and ensured us that someone would "squeel like a pig."

The Big Show squashed Snitsky after a humorous, albeit retarded, backstage segment where Snitsky was smelling Maria's feet. Maria looked good. Then Big Show put his monsterous bare foot in front of Snitsky and called him a pervert or some shit to prompt the match.

Kerwin White cut a backstage promo or some shit. I wasn't really listening. It ended with him saying "if it's not white, it's not right." <_>

Um. Edge Vs. Hardy feud is still going on. Hardy lost to Conway one on one. I guess they're playing up that he has head problems now or something. Post match, Edge beat the slop out of him again.

I think that was it....

I thought Angle-Shelton was one of the best WWE matches I've personally seen all year. That was some fine quality professional wrestling.

The Kerwin White gimmick comes off has funny-cheesy at first but then he starts being so blindingly racist it kills whatever vibe the segment has. I'm guessing if/when the backlash hits on this, WWE will try to hide by pointing out Chavo is mexican and therefore this really isn't race baiting.

I like the concept of Cade/Murdoch. There's always a place in wrestling for cowboy gimmicks. I just hope that Vince doesn't need to turn this into some weird sexual fetish like everything else.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

I think its fine as long as its subtle (the cowboy thing, not the gay rape thing) but cowboy gimmicks are kinda played out nowadays.

Whats with the few tag teams around being heels? The super team is the only babyface team around and their boderline jobbers, tag titles or not. I refuse to believe that hedeinreich and Animal will last much longer.

Cade/Murdoch, Hearthrobs, MNM, FBI, Mexicools etc....

Do we know for sure yet that Cade and Murdoch are heels?

And they *really* need to bring in a pretty boy tag team that appeals to women and push them hard and make them credible against everyone up and down the card.

Or maybe it's late and I've watched too much Mid South in the last 48 hours.

Guest TheAnvil

Do we know for sure yet that Cade and Murdoch are heels?

And they *really* need to bring in a pretty boy tag team that appeals to women and push them hard and make them credible against everyone up and down the card.

Or maybe it's late and I've watched too much Mid South in the last 48 hours.

Well...it's been a staple in almost every fed. There isn't a team out now who gets the "teenage girl pop". The Hardys used to get it, and the Rockers before them. A face MNM could probably pull it off, but they need to combine the tag teams onto one show, so that there is actual...you know...competition.