Pro Wrestling Only

[2013-06-28-CMLL] Rush & Rey Escorpion & Maximo vs Negro Casas & El Terrible & Shocker

Loss

• 3 years later...

I've been pretty down on a lot of the lucha matwork epics I've seen lately, but this was definitely up my alley. Great chaotic brawl that completely sidesteps my main peeves with typical CMLL 6-mans (too much posing, overselling weak strikes, wasted first 2 falls). These guys go to war from the start and never look back. Casas/Rush is the main focus in terms of singles exchanges, but both teams work really well together and there's some great beatdowns from both of them. This seemed pretty Japanese influenced with Casas and Rush doing a "you hit me I hit you" kick exchange that looks like straight out of a NOAH match from this period, but the Maximo comedy keeps this grounded in lucha wackiness and I loved him getting killed by Terrible. I don't think it's a MOTYC, but it should be enough to satisfy even a lucha skeptic. ****

• GSR changed the title to [2013-06-28-CMLL] Rush & Rey Escorpion & Maximo vs Negro Casas & El Terrible & Shocker