Pro Wrestling Only

[2013-07-22-WWE-Raw] Daniel Bryan vs Antonio Cesaro

Loss

• 1 year later...

This was part of a gauntlet match laid down for D-Bry to prove himself worthy of headlining SummerSlam 2013. This was great stuff, with Cesaro being showcased to get D-Bry over, but getting himself over in the process too. He was vicious in this one, bringing back memories of his incredible 2011 independent run. But D-Bry of course wasn't gonna go down, as he had too much momentum. Highlights included D-Bry being pushed up and getting hit with a European Uppercut as he was falling, and also taking a fuckton of European Uppercuts. The crowd wasn't used to this kind of action, but for the most part showed a tremendous appreciation for the effort put forth by both men. ****

• GSR changed the title to [2013-07-22-WWE-Raw] Daniel Bryan vs Antonio Cesaro
  • 6 months later...

This is a gauntlet match and the real meat of this match is Bryan's match with Cesaro. The first match with Swagger is solid and is over within 3 minutes and then Cesaro comes in and puts in an absolute clinic with Bryan. Seriously, these two are possibly the best pure wrestlers that WWE has had in the past decade. Cesaro can make little things like going for a sleeper hold look completely legit. The strike-off these guys have is phenomenal. The match goes downhill when Ryback comes in. I haven't seen a match of his since he left WWE and I've forgotten how dangerous he was. He botches a powerbomb and drops Bryan on his head. The match ends in a lame DQ finish, but this is worth seeking out just for the Cesaro part. 

★★★¾

• 1 year later...

This is a fantastic match where Bryan continues his incredible hot streak & Cesaro gets his greatest showcase in the WWE up to that point. The Uppercut slugfest, in which Cesaro absolutely DESTROYS Bryan was terrific, and quite possibly the highlight of the bout. It's filled with great action from start to finish though, namely I reaaaally loved Cesaro trying to slow things down with his fantastically tight looking headlock -- it made Bryan's classic comeback sequence feel all the more explosive right after it, Bryan's little German Suplex into a head kick sequence also ruled, as did him trapping Cesaro in a tree of woe, resulting in him kicking the crap outta him, followed by that running corner dropkick, KENTA style. And then those leg-trapped forearm strikes, damn. Also some real good memories about this, as I did watch it live, around 5 to 6 AM in Finland, going crazy for it :') ****