Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling and...glasses?

dawho5

I was reading though a thread and saw a pic that jerry von Kramer posted. It brought me back to the days of evil-ly oversized and akward glasses being the only kind you could ever find. My question was this.

Were the people who manufactured glasses frames like the kayfabe authority figure who inadvertently helps the heel in an already lopsided situation?

OR

Were they the evil bastard authority figure who was openly on the heel's side in this action?

Myself, I lean towards the second. They had to know the glasses frames they were making were gawky and stupid lookin'. I mean, did they not have mirrors?

For the life of me, I can't remember which post I was reading while lurking around that day. Crap.

Found it.

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/21638-good-not-great-wrestlers/page-8

Only made me think of that because up until probably the late '90s I had to suffer through those awful kinds of glasses myself. When you go through high school at 125 lbs., you don't need that kind of extra incentive for the jackass athletes. :)

Just so you guys get a visual representation of how much of a shameless silly bastard I can be...I give you this:

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab224/dawho5/stachepic_zpscb1072b9.jpg

It was after a month and a half of growing out the 'stache for March Mustache Madness at work, hence the safety goggles. So when I do stupid crap like this thread, please understand. :)