Pro Wrestling Only

[2004-09-17-Dragon Gate-Gate of Sanctuary] Florida Brothers (Michael Iwasa & Daniel Mishima) & Kensuke Sasaki vs Do Fixer (Magnum Tokyo & Dragon Kid & Genki Horiguchi)

Loss

• 6 months later...

Florida Express (Kensuke Sasaki & Florida Brothers) vs. Do Fixer (Magnum Tokyo, Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi) w/Akira Hokuto - 9/17/04

Kensuke Sasaki in American Flag tights being taught how to properly celebrate America style with hip thrusts and booty bumps is something every wrestling fan needs to see. The amazing thing about pro wrestling is how well it transcends cultures and languages. I don't know a lick of Japanese, but I sure appreciate their wrestling. This time I think understanding Japanese would have made this even funnier than it already was. The Florida Brothers are a spoof on Americans. You had Akira Hokuto ashamed of her husband's silly antics with the Florida Brothers. Then she gets challenged by the creepy Stalker Ichikawa and beats him with a Northern Lights Bomb. The match proper gets started and Sasaki is totally game for all the silly antics that ensue. The ref armdraging everybody, armbar chains, and miming imaginary barriers against Magnum Tokyo. The finish is too funny and fits perfectly with the theme of the match. I want to get this on my Top 100, but there maybe so many good outright matches that it will not make it. As comedy match, this is pretty top-notch.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2004-09-17-Dragon Gate-Gate of Sanctuary] Florida Brothers (Michael Iwasa & Daniel Mishima) & Kensuke Sasaki vs Do Fixer (Magnum Tokyo & Dragon Kid & Genki Horiguchi)
  • 2 years later...

Do FIXER (Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi & Magnum TOKYO) vs. Florida Express (Daniel Mishima, Kensuke Sasaki & Michael Iwasa)

Such a fabulous set of entrances. Do FIXER enters in the Do FIXER way while Kensuke Sasaki has the time of his life goofing around, coming out to Living in America with the Florida Bros in American get up. Much to the embarrassment of Akira-Chan, as he calls her. Then out comes Stalker Ichikawa. Who challenges Akira Hokuto to a match! And that goes as well as you'd might expect. Stalker lasted longer with Yoshiaki Fujiwara than he did with Akira Hokuto. The match was masterful comedy. It had the usual Florida Brother spots but with Kensuke Sasaki playing along, and sometimes not, that was increased tenfold. There were many times where I bellowed out with laughter, but one time in particular was the arm wringer spot where Dragon Kid was too weak to twist Sasaki’s arm so he had to ask Sasaki to play along, which he did. There were plenty of similar spots that were so funny. This was just as funny outside of the spots involving Sasaki. The best thing about Dragon Gate is everyone is trained in the same system so their traits are in-line with each other, and that includes comedy, so Magnum Tokyo begging was just as funny as the ref doing arm drags to everyone. The finish was cute as well - Magnum Tokyo attempts a Pumphandle but his arm gets trapped by Sasaki’s massive thighs and the ref thinks it's a low blow attempt and calls it. Wow. This is why I rate comedy matches. Amazing experience. ****1/4