Pro Wrestling Only

Triple J wins back the NWA Title

sek69

Major News: Jeff Jarrett Regains World Title in Canada! News 

September 15th, 2005 22:21

MAJOR NEWS: JEFF JARRETT REGAINS NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE FROM RAVEN IN CANADA ON THURSDAY NIGHT!

America’s Most Wanted shocks the fans by helping Jarrett win the gold

(Oldcastle, Ontario, Canada) – The self-proclaimed “King of the Mountain” Jeff Jarrett regained the NWA World Heavyweight Title on Thursday night in Oldcastle, Ontario, Canada, defeating Raven with the help of America’s Most Wanted.

In a shocking turn of events, “Wildcat” Chris Harris and “Cowboy” James Storm turned their backs on the fans and aligned themselves with Jarrett, ultimately costing Raven the bout and the World Title.

The NWA World Heavyweight Title match took place under the banner of Border City Wrestling out of Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Following the bout, NWA Championship Committee member Larry Zbyszko was in contact with the promoters of the show, and Zbyszko has informed TNAwrestling.com the title change is indeed official.

Thanks to America’s Most Wanted, Jeff Jarrett has fulfilled his proclamation of being NWA World Heavyweight Champion with the debut of “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV on October 1.

“I told Raven…I told EVERYONE that for the good of TNA Wrestling, I needed to be NWA World Heavyweight Champion when we hit SpikeTV!” Jarrett told TNAwrestling.com via phone after the bout. “I knew TNA management was trying to keep me down, so I had to get that title back on MY terms in Canada where they couldn’t stop me! Chris Harris and James Storm were the only ones out of that entire locker room who had the brains to listen to me. They made the right choice! Now roll out the red carpet, because YOUR champion - The King Of The Mountain - and America’s Most Wanted – the cornerstones of TNA - are coming to SpikeTV, and there’s nothing TNA management can do to stop us!”

“Jarrett was right all along – it was time for America’s Most Wanted to finally look after OUR best interests for a change,” Chris Harris told TNAwrestling.com. “We built this company from the ground up and we’ll be damned if anyone was going to take our spot – the spot we RIGHTFULLY own. Who was looking out for us? The fans? TNA management? Raven? No – Jeff Jarrett was looking out for us. And guess what? Now we’ve got his back, and now WE call all the shots.”

James Storm added: “By the way…hey Naturals, shine up the tag team titles – it’s only a matter of time now before they’re coming home, one way or another. Sorry ‘bout your damn luck…”

Raven left the arena immediately following the bout and refused to comment on the situation.

TNAwrestling.com will have a further update on Friday afternoon following the events that unfolded on Thursday night in Ontario with the crowning of new NWA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett!

credit: TNAwrestling.com

:blink: WTF?

...wait, so the title just changed hands at some throw away show and they are...

Okay, wasn't Jarrett in the fucking doghouse~!? Why did he just get the damn title?! This doesn't make any sense...

Ugh... If he's still got the belt come October on Spike, I don't wanna watch TNA.

The only good of this I can see is that the TNA title can change hands at any given show and make every match with the title on the line, that more appropriate. The bad thing, Jarrett has the fucking title again.

Ugh... Doesn't this company learn!?

I could view this as acceptable if he's getting the title to serve as job fodder for an incoming guy they want to give the title too. The booking team has been good so far so I have faith they know Jarrett doing anything past October as champ isn't going to fly. They'll probably prove me wrong though.

This could also be your typical house show deal with the title doing a quick back and forth or maybe they'll strip Jarrett on the first Spike Impact and have a tournament leading up to their big show or something like that.

Not many people.

It's why this move is so confusing to me. The booking team had really been getting it that other talent was the answer to TNA. Their summer was incredible and it makes me wonder where the booking team is going with this. Unfortunately I don't think we'll have a clue until 10/1 arrives. Part of me thinks that Jarrett got the belt back for the sole purpose of jobbing it to someone at Bound for Glory because it's supposed to be their "Wrestlemania." We could very easily see him job the belt right back to Raven to properly build him for the new audience or to an incoming guy they've secretly signed like Chris Jericho.

Of course this could lead to Jarrett having another year long run with the belt at which point they've blown their shot.

Here's another TNA note for you guys:

"TNA ANTHOLOGY: THE EPIC SET" - AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY AT WAL-MART SUPERCENTER STORES

Nashville, TN (September 15, 2005) The DVD box set, ?TNA Anthology: The Epic Set? is now available exclusively at Wal-Mart Supercenter stores nationwide.

The set includes over 10 hours of Total Nonstop Action from ?Victory Road 2004?, ?Turning Point 2004,? and ?Lockdown 2005? for only $24.96.

?Victory Road? was TNA?s first three hour Pay-Per-View event featuring Jeff Jarrett defending the NWA World Heavyweight Title against Jeff Hardy. ?Turning Point? featured a star-studded six-man main event with Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy and ?The Macho Man? Randy Savage. ?Lockdown? was the first time an entire Pay-Per-View took place inside a steel cage and featured eight barbaric matches including AJ Styles vs. Abyss and Raven vs. Jeff Hardy in a Tables Match.

On Saturday, October 1, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling iMPACT! debuts on Spike TV at 11:00 PM (ET/PT).

TNA Entertainment, LLC is a privately held company headquartered in Nashville,TN. The names of all Total Nonstop Action Wrestling televised programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans and all TNA Wrestling logos and trademarks are exclusive property of TNA Entertainment, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For more information, visit www.tnawrestling.com.

I'll definately be buying this. 3 PPVs for the price of what they currently go for online is an awesome deal.

Am I wrong to think they did this so they can have him drop it back to Raven, or to somebody else on the Spike debut show?

I'm thinking along those lines too. Either he's going to drop it on the first Spike show or they'll start a program leading to him dropping it at the PPV.

Turning AMW heel could at least add some spice to what was starting to become a stale gimmick. Giving JJ the belt back seems like a big hit of the reset button.

Your champ is supposed to be your biggest draw, and JJ has proven time and again he just isn't capable of drawing. I was talking to Will on AIM when I read about this, and I understood why they didn't want Raven holding the belt when they started on Spike, but putting on someone so terminally un-over is baffling.

It's even more puzzling they'd do this now, since I think they're just doing best-of shows with the Impact! downloads before the Spike debut. Casual fans are going to turn to Spike and wonder why Raven isn't champ anymore.

He does get a reaction...everybody hates him, just not in the way that heels are supposed to be hated. TNA fans seem to hate him in a "get off my TV" sort of way, not a "you're a bad guy" kinda way.

As far as AMW, they're sucks. They whine all the time on television, and the only people who cheer for them are teenage girls...so that's probably the reason why nobody cares that they're heels now...nobody really seems to like them anyhow.

Just to confirm...

Is this box a set of the three PPVs in full?

OR

Is it a set of TNA footage including the BEST footage from these three PPVs?

That'll make a difference to me, although the cover art makes it appear that choice #1 is the right one.

It's about time I pick up some of those then...

Considering I get 90 days same-as-cash and get a certain percentage of my spending back as gift certificates at Best Buy, it'll be worth it to pick it up from there rather than order it from Highspots.