Carlito © vs. Ric Flair - Intercontinental Title

The Hurricane & Rosey © vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch - World Tag Team Titles

Edge vs. Matt Hardy - Steel Cage Match

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Masters

Big Show vs. Gene Snitsky

Trish & Ashley vs. Victoria & Torrie

Shelton Benjamin vs. Kerwin White

Results from the Meltz so far ....

Welcome to our coverage of the Unforgiven PPV from the Ford Center in Oklahoma City. We're looking for your thoughts on the show when it's over, so you can leave a thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match to [email protected]

Rob Conway vs. Tajiri is the Heat match. Conway won with a swinging neckbreaker.

A few notes before the PPV begins. Kane was signing at a Border's in Norman yesterday, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him make an appearance at the show. Also, for whatever this is worth, Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch were having photos shot for the magazine wearing tag belts this afternoon.

Carlito vs. Ric Flair for the IC title opens the PPV. Flair won clean with the figure four after punching him in the mouth and Carlito choking on apple bits.

Flair spoke about what a great honor it was to win the most prestigious of all the Intercontinental titles. Flair said it was only sad that the greatest of them all, HHH, wasn't here to see it. Did he pass away or something. Flair was pulling all kinds of stripper type women over the guard rail and took them to the back.

Victoria & Torrie Wilson vs. Ashley & Stratus is up next. Stratus pinned Victoria after a chick kick. Candice Michelle interfered freely. Stratus looked very good.

They did a backstage vignette where Flair and the 4 women left in the limo. Flair popped four pills, which were supposed to be viagaras, before leaving with them.

Big Show vs. Gene Snitsky is up now. Show won with a choke slam. He nailed Snitsky with a ring bell shot that missed by quite a bit after the match. He left the ring, came back, and hit him with a second ring bell shot. Pretty bad.

Shelton Benjamin vs. Kerwin White is up next. Benjamin won with the t-bone suplex. Fans were waiting to not like this match, with "boring" chants early and a lot of silence. But they worked well enough that people got into it.

More results with only Cena-Angle left ...

Matt Hardy vs. Edge cage match is up next. They had a hell of a match with Hardy getting revenge. Hardy kicked out of the spear and came back with a twist of fate on Lita and a legdrop off the top of the cage on Edge. That legdrop off the cage is a lifetime highlight reel spot. It ended with both Lita and Edge laying dead in the ring.

Hurricane & Rosey vs. Murdoch & Cade are up now. They did an angle where Hurricane was injured being DDT'd off the apron. Hurricane was being helped out, but came back and tagged in, and was quickly pinned by Murdoch after a clothesline.

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Masters is up next. They had Maria do a promo with Masters to encourage fans to chant "Masturbate" as Masters. Michaels slipped away from a Masterlock attempt and hit the sweet chin music for the pin. Not at the level of most of Michaels' big show matches, but still easily the second best match so far on this show.

They did a skit throughout the show of Flair's limo with the four women. Anyway, it just ended with the women leaving the limo. Actually Dusty did a better job with making the women look like they were coming back from having sex with him than WWE did. Flair came out in only his wrestling trunks with his trunks down and his butt showing. He got out of the limo and passed out doing the Flair flop in the parking lot. Really, this was at the level of the stuff they used to do with him in WCW.

Cena vs. Angle ends the show.

And the main event...

Cena vs. Angle ends the show. Good match. Not nearly the best match the two have had. After a ref bump, Angle did a low blow, punch using the gold medal and ankle lock. Eric Bischoff ran in to taunt Cena. After about a month in the ankle lock, Cena escaped, sending Angle into Bischoff. Cena got the belt and hit Angle, but the ref saw it for the DQ. Bischoff told the ref that screw the rules, Cena doesn't get the belt back. Cena gave Bischoff an FU in the ring. Angle jumped Cena, but Cena came back with an FU through the Spanish table. JR called that Cena was the winner and still champion, but had to correct himself. They may wind up with the title announced as held up tomorrow for a rematch at Taboo Tuesday.

Thanks for joining us.

I'm sure they felt the earth would stop turning if HBK jobbed twice in a row to two different opponents. I'd imagine it was payback for putting over Hogan so reluctantly ... or something.

Flair winning the IC title is to give the upcoming HHH/Flair feud importance by making Flair seem relevant. Having him win an irrelevant belt isn't really the best way to accomplish that, but that's WWE for ya.

Yeah, they give him the IC belt to appear relevant, then put him in skits that make the WCW mental patient ones look classy.

If I was Flair, I'd be wondering why on one hand HHH never fails to mention how much he idolized Flair growing up, yet at the same time he gets booked to look even more ridiculous than Bischoff ever could.

I just noticed this too:

Hurricane & Rosey vs. Murdoch & Cade are up now. They did an angle where Hurricane was injured being DDT'd off the apron. Hurricane was being helped out, but came back and tagged in, and was quickly pinned by Murdoch after a clothesline.

*marks for the first sign of Dusty booking in a WWE show*

I'd have to see the match to be sure, but it looks like they cut and pasted the Rock n Rolls vs Tully & Arn, where Ricky Morton got injured by the Midnights but still tried to take part in the match and got pinned.

Don't writers from both brands contribute to PPVs?

Maybe they wanted to give Dusty some practice booking WWE in a match with a foregone conclusion? (ie: he couldn't have got too wacky when they already took pictures of Cade and Murdoch with the belts)

Maybe it was just someone doing a shout-out via booking?

Who knows, but it definately had his fingerprint on it, hence the talk about Dusty booking.

Guest CanadianChick

I actually loved the Hurricane bit during the tag match. I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't a squash.

Now, I'm just trying to figure out how they're going to build a third match out of Edge and Matt. I suppose we'll see.

Guest CanadianChick

Right, right. I was thinking PPV matches.

Hey, maybe they won't continue it, but this match really does seem like one that should end in a Last Man Standing match.

Why would Hurricane and Rosey need protection from burial?

It's WWE. The place where clean pins in title matches mean you've pissed somebody off and will thus get buried.

Has there been a completely clean pin in a tag team title change since they went from WWF to WWE?

Hell, off the top of my head, the only face tag team I can recall jobbing the titles cleanly to a heel team were Tony Atlas and Rocky Johnson. To, coindicentally, Adrian Adonis and Dick Murdoch.

I know Masters doesn't deserve the push he's getting, but since they committed to pushing him what was the point to have him job to  HBK?

Because God hates Chris Masters.