Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-07-31-OMEGA] Surge vs Willow the Whisp (Mask vs Title, 2/3 falls)

Loss

• 2 months later...

I've liked a lot of OMEGA. I even like the Hardys. But I'm not a fan of this at all. This whole segment goes 49 minutes, which is just insanely long for most wrestlers, much less these guys. This isn't the worst wrestling I've ever seen or anything, but while the 7/24 tag was charming in its overreach, this was nothing of the sort. These guys were really good, but they would have regressed considerably on the indy scene over the coming years without anything to reign them in. And so far, they seem like the least of the guys in their indy promotion.

• 1 month later...

I may have liked this a tad better than Loss but it was a mess that was way too long. Probably up there with the Night the Line was Crossed three way as the most epic 90's matches that are complete dog shit when rewatching. They tried a lot here but botched a good bit as well and never had any focus. If you cut this down to a two minute highlight package it would be salvagable but as a whole 55 minute segment, it was the toughest thing for me to sit through in 1998 so far. (*3/4)

• 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-07-31-OMEGA] Surge vs Willow the Whisp (Mask vs Title, 2/3 falls)