Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-09-14-WCW-Nitro] Lex Luger vs Scott Hall

Loss

• 2 months later...

Hall is pretending to be (or pretending to pretend to be) drunk and is falling down in the ring a lot. Luger tries to slap some sense into him. Bischoff comes out to try to get Hall out of the ring and reason with him. Nash and Konnan too. Hall starts in on Nash ("Where were you when my life was falling apart?") Hall ends up throwing up on Bischoff. Hall was such a mess at this point that they started using it in the storyline. I don't know what I think about this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Man, the Big Two were just obsessed with angles playing off real-life alcoholism at this point, weren't they? I guess the best thing I can say about this is that everyone from the performers to the announcers treat this with the gravity that it deserves...or would deserve, or...God, I have a headache. The presence of Nash and Konnan even seems logical without totally shattering the fourth wall. This is certainly crass and exploitative but from a pure execution standpoint it beats your average Russo shooty-shoot angle.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-09-14-WCW-Nitro] Lex Luger vs Scott Hall