Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-11-14-MPPW-TV] Jerry Lawler, Brian Christopher and Bill Dundee

Loss

• 2 months later...

Brian Christopher is out and wants to confront Jerry Lawler. He's here to talk about Lawler's first marriage, but Lawler is unphased and wants to know what this has to do with wrestling. Christopher counters that his Christmas card he was out here hawking earlier has nothing to do with wrestling, just like Stacy has nothing to do with wrestling. This brings Stacy out to defend herself. Brian reveals that Lawler is like the Road Warriors in the WWF, needing a pretty blond to come out so people cheer since they're irrelevant otherwise. Ouch. Now Dundee is out because his name was brought up and Christopher talks about how everyone is too old. Brian Christopher tries so hard as a heel on promos that he isn't believable.

• 1 month later...

This was um not good and while Hales doesn't have the most natural delivery, he seems more believable than Christopher did here. Anyway, we learn Jerry has two previous marriages and that he had two sons. Dundee gets thrown through the mud too to stay relevant and he doesn't take kindly to that.

• 1 year later...

I liked the intensity at points and I liked Christopher having an answer to everything Lawler said, but by the end I was agreeing with Lawler: just get to the point, Christopher. The payoff isn't worth the build-up. I was hoping for something a little more personal and scandalous than, "Jerry's getting old."

• GSR changed the title to [1998-11-14-MPPW-TV] Jerry Lawler, Brian Christopher and Bill Dundee