Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-12-07-WCW-Nitro] Goldberg vs Kevin Nash vs Bam Bam Bigelow

Loss

• 3 months later...

Nash cuts off Goldberg at the pass and starts attacking Bigelow as all three men end up in a brawl pulled apart by security to close the show. While security pull-aparts made for a great visual, they pissed off fans to no end. Doing this type of crap non-main event in front of 32,000+ at the Astrodome is a mind-numbing booking choice.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WCW World Heavyweight Champion Goldberg vs Kevin Nash vs Bam Bam Bigelow - WCW Nitro 12/07/98

Bigelow's debut in November was some of the best TV they had produced in a long time and took Bigelow who had been flirting with the main event his whole career a bonafide main eventer upon debut. However, the plan was for Nash vs Goldberg at the PPV so they had to work that in there somewhere so we get this clusterfuck. I am with Stone Cold, triple threats fucking suck. Bigelow/Goldberg already feels like some heat has dissipated because the nature of the Triple Threat means Bigelow needs to take a break at times to let Big Sexy in. Nash lets them fight first, but at the first sign of a pin he cuts it off. I am really interested in Nash and Goldberg at Starrcade because I think it will be a pretty big styles clash, but I think Nash has a pretty solid grasp on wrestling psychology and it might turn out fine. Pretty much the match was really exciting whenever Goldberg was doing explosive offense. The Nash and Bigelow covering Goldberg and the other saving was lame. Hall attacks Bigelow. That would actually be a good match for Starrcade to put Bigelow over and then do Bigelow versus the winner of the main event at Souled Out. Jesus, WCW it was right there! The match did not make want to see the Starrcade match. I think back to back weeks of Goldberg vs Bigelow and Nash vs Bigelow ending in a No Contest and then a third week of Goldberg beating Hall would have been a better build, hindsight is 20/20. Nothing happening match.

• 1 year later...

Come January, this will make two consecutive Dome shows where WCW will make every effort to kill the town. I'd just like to mention for about the 37th time that when the WWF baits-and-switches us, 99% of the time, they manage to make us forget about what we originally thought we were going to see. This is just a pathetic mess.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-12-07-WCW-Nitro] Goldberg vs Kevin Nash vs Bam Bam Bigelow