Pro Wrestling Only

The most absurd thing from WWE yet

goodhelmet

From this week's Observer

If you didn't think it's on, or that this war wasn't going to be petty, WWE legal sent TNA a letter demanding they not call their "wrestling superstars," or "superstars" in publicity or commentary, because that's a WWE trademark term for its talent. Bill Banks, who handles the TNA web site, is going out of his way to use the term "TNA star" instead of "TNA Superstar".

WTF? I am speechless.

:blink:

For shits and giggles, can someone please attempt to support the Fed's position in this case. The dumbest thing ever. They might as well send a letter to the keeper of Karen Carpenter's estate asking them to cease and desist putting that song on any future Carpenters' releases.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

lol

This is going to be so much fun, no matter who ultimately wins in the end. Also, it's gonna get pretty stupid. But maybe that's what I meant by fun.

SUPERATHLETES~, anyone?

... thought not. :(

All of this really makes me resent Eric Bischoff. Had he had a little foresight and the ability to follow through with some of his better ideas and not beat some of his more successful ones into the ground, Vince would be a footnote on the current scene.

Why would WWE think they own a copyright on the term "superstar"? Is it even possible (or defenseable) to have a copyright on a common word like that? Athletes have been called superstars long before WWE. Is Vince going to expand his legal department and go after Broadway plays too, leaving us with "Jesus Christ Sports Entertainer"?

Guest Crucifixio Jones

Why would WWE think they own a copyright on the term "superstar"? Is it even possible (or defenseable) to have a copyright on a common word like that? Athletes have been called superstars long before WWE. Is Vince going to expand his legal department and go after Broadway plays too, leaving us with "Jesus Christ Sports Entertainer"?

Molly Shannon and adidas also best beware.