Pro Wrestling Only

TNA Bound for Glory

goodhelmet

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

The more I think about it, the more brilliant TNA is for their booking and storyline writing. The show was good, but I think what the show _did_ on a whole in terms of creating this foundation that they can build from for MONTHS, far outweighed the quibbles of the short term outcome.

Rhyno as champ is a very good move from a storyline purpose. Is Rhyno "main event calibre"? No. But then again, in TNA, who is? They don't really have a wrestler who can stand above the rest, really. Monty Brown could be built to that, but I don't think now is the time. For TNA, they don't have the big name, but they do have medium names. So rather than putting the focus on one guy, one title, one feud, they are involving ALL these medium names together and are making a blockbuster of it. The potential for storylines that come out of tonights show is sublime. And that one huge arching story is just what TNA needs.

It's not just Rhyno holding the title, it's Rhyno and 3-D, and 3LK w. Kip James holding some of the power that JJ, AMW, and Team Canada want.

Rhyno

Bubba

Devon

BG James

Konnan

Killings

Kip James

Jeff Jarrett

Storm

Harris

Gail Kim

Roode

Williams

Young

A-1

Devine

Demore

Outsiders:

Brown

Hardy

Abyss

Raven

Kevin Nash

You have *20* people involved and who could be involved in this angle. And you can shoot it off and develop it by having BG James and Kip James turn heel and break off into a feud with first Killings and Konnan and then team 3-D. They positioned Raven in this brilliantly where they can have JJ bring Raven to his side against Rhyno using Gail Kim, have Rhyno bring out this woman that Raven was involved with and you could have the two women feud. Raven/Rhyno/JJ as your title feud, Monty Brown/Jeff Hardy as a build up for Monty to the main event scene, AMW could turn face in conflict with Team Canada as AMWs program with 3-D ends (which could set up AMW vs. NAO, or AMW vs. a Heel turned Dudleys - this would be a Spring time at earliest program, Summer at best). Shit, have Abyss take Nash out of the title picture and off TV. The potential is startling. The combinations for multiman tags alone fills up months of tv time.

Rudo's onto something... The potential really is there to have everyone get involved in this and set up really good tag teams and fillers for the next months so that no "marquee" match gets blown to the new viewers now. What would make this even more intriguing is if all the "Outsiders" form an alliance of sorts since they are the odd men out and figure that together they can hold off everyone else and only survive together while having that burning tension of going for the main title themselves.

This almost seems too fucking good of a screw up with Nash being out.

I figured Joe would be involved in the X-Division, which is (and should be) kept separate from the main angle*. Given that he and AJ Styles were eliminated together suggests a conflict between the two in the future. Keep him away from guys like Abyss, Rhyno, Monty Brown, Jeff Jarrett, so that when TNA runs out of their current possible matches, you bring in Joe and that creates a whole new series of matches.

(*I say "main angle", but IMO they should keep X Division as an elevated title and give it headlining status when appropriate)

This almost seems too fucking good of a screw up with Nash being out.

Maybe this was their plan all along, but Nash being out forced them to do it earlier.

The finish did ruin the efforts of the guys because they did some crazy stuff up until that point. This was a real negative in this sense because the guys made it clear the performance was more important than the win. To me, you have to go with the flow and get mad backstage, as while onstage, you give the impression you are going for the win, not the performance. But these guys did work real hard to come up with what they thought was a great match and it's a natural reaction to it unraveling.

Meltzer sums up what I was trying to say in the Styles thread really well.

Guest Cam Chaos

Okay, one quick question:

Tito was cornering Rampage last night (or actually early this morning) and he still managed to make it to this show? Or was he not there?

I assume Tito got a private flight back from Japan ASAP.

The finish did ruin the efforts of the guys because they did some crazy stuff up until that point. This was a real negative in this sense because the guys made it clear the performance was more important than the win. To me, you have to go with the flow and get mad backstage, as while onstage, you give the impression you are going for the win, not the performance. But these guys did work real hard to come up with what they thought was a great match and it's a natural reaction to it unraveling.

Meltzer sums up what I was trying to say in the Styles thread really well.

to be fair, Ultimate X is supposed to be a spotfest.