Pro Wrestling Only

TNA Bound for Glory

goodhelmet

From the Observer, here is the line-up for Sunday's show...

Jarrett vs Nash (w/ Tito Ortiz as special referee)

--- Man, this is giving me flashbacks of the last WCW PPV I ever sat through. That happened to be one of the worst shows on record when Goldberg turned heel and Sting-Vampiro had one of the worst matches ever. I have no faith that this match will be any good and may stop watching before it happens. I am guessing Jarrett retains after some Raven run-in backfires.

Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles (30:00 Iron Man)

--- Thirty minutes is too long for these guys. I like both in a limited capacity but not for 30 minutes. At some point in this match, I'll get bored and question why I bought the show.

Samoa Joe vs. Jushin Liger

--- The reason I am buying the show. Simple as that. Depends how long they give them. 20 minutes and I'll be satisfied. Less than 15 and it will be a letdown.

Chris Sabin vs. Petey Williams vs. Matt Bentley (Ultimate X match)

--- I can only imagine that this will be some super nutty spotfest. I'll probably get a kick out of watching it live and then never watch it again.

Sabu vs. Abyss vs. Rhino vs. Jeff Hardy (Monster's Brawl)

--- Total crap match that may have the most heat on the show. I didn't mind the Hardy-Rhino match tonight as much as others on the net did but I think back to the last time I saw Sabu on PPV, on some horrible cage match on a WWA PPV. Please, too many negative flashbacks in this show.

3 Live Kru vs. A-1, Eric Young, & Bobby Roode

--- This will probably suck. I have no faith in any of the 3 Live Kru members and have no idea who the other three are. To be fair, I have not seen any of the Kru wrestle in TNA.

Monty Brown vs. Lance Hoyt

--- Never seen either man but I am guessing this is to put over Monty strong.

Austin Aries vs. Alex Shelley

--- Another match I would not mind seeing. I enjoyed watching both of these guys in ROH so give them 10-12 minutes and I will be happy.

*2 more matches to be announced*

Guest SweetMama Scaat

Jarrett vs Nash (w/ Tito Ortiz as special referee)

--- Man, this is giving me flashbacks of the last WCW PPV I ever sat through. That happened to be one of the worst shows on record when Goldberg turned heel and Sting-Vampiro had one of the worst matches ever. I have no faith that this match will be any good and may stop watching before it happens. I am guessing Jarrett retains after some Raven run-in backfires.

The last time these two fought, we were suppossed to be impressed and REALLY want to see the match because "Nash was training really hard". They kept having interview segments with Shane Douglas being all kinds of amazed cause Nash went to a gym or some shit.

I also remember them talking about how hard Nash was working...while he was in the back getting a massage and chillin and shit.

3 Live Kru vs. A-1, Eric Young, & Bobby Roode

--- This will probably suck. I have no faith in any of the 3 Live Kru members and have no idea who the other three are. To be fair, I have not seen any of the Kru wrestle in TNA.

They comprise the majority of the heel stable Team Canada.

Monty Brown vs. Lance Hoyt

--- Never seen either man but I am guessing this is to put over Monty strong.

Think of a more talented Ahmed Johnson VS a entirely too over Test.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I am not buying... and after reading the spoilers... I am glad I am getting this on DVD in a few days and not shelling out 30 bones. So... courtesy of Meltz, here are the results so far...

Spoilers....

Don't go further....

They already announced Kevin Nash not appearing, but gave no more detail than has been out thus far. They haven't announced a new main event yet. The last word we had was Jeff Jarrett vs. Rhino was what was being leaning toward, but that at this point is old news.

Alex Shelley vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong is in the ring now. One big move after another. Crowd loved it but they did so much it's going to be hard to follow this as the opener. Really a hell of a match on its own ending with Dutt pinning Strong after a dragon rana.

Raven came out wanting the title match. Larry Zbyszko wouldn't commit to the opponent. Rhino came out and called Raven pathetic and basically insinuated he's gone soft over a girl. They had a pull-apart with Zbyszko throwing Raven out. Rhino gored Cassidy Riley twice to end the segment. I have no idea why they did the second one, because the cameras weren't even on the ring at the time.

Samoa Joe vs. Jushin Liger is up next. Joe won with the choke. Match was too short considering what the people wanted out of this match. Nothing wrong with what they did but a disappointment considering expectations. :(

More spoilers...

Simon Diamond & David Young & Elix Skipper vs. Apolo & Sonny Siaki & Shark Boy is up next. Young pinned Siaki after a spinebuster. Some cool dives before the finish including a great one by Apolo.

They teased Jarrett and Raven with a face-off.

Lance Hoyt vs. Monty Brown is up next. Brown won with the pounce. Hoyt got a lot of offense. Some of his stuff looked good but punches needed work. Crowd loved the match, which kind of saved it.

3 Live Kru vs. Team Canada. Kip James asked to counteract Scott D'Amore. B.G. & Killings liked the idea but Konnan thought it was a terrible idea. Bobby Roode hit B.G. with the hockey stick for the pin when Scott D'Amore distracted the ref. Team Canada did the post-match beat down until Kip James saved B.G. Team Canada then held Konnan for Kip to hit Konnan with a chair, but Kip hit A-1 with a chair. Fans chanted New Age Outlaws. The usual short storyline match. Hasn't been a bad match yet tonight but the pre-show match has blown away the show up to this point.

Matt Bentley vs. Chris Sabin vs. Petey Williams in Ultimate X is up now. We got ourselves some pissed off wrestlers. They were working their asses off like every Ultimate X. At one point the X fell down and they had to stop the match and put it back up. A second time, as Sabin and Bentley were going for the X, they took a bump and the X came loose and fell into Williams' hands. Because Williams was scheduled to win, they stopped the match. Sabin and Bentley stormed off. Bentley was a duplicate of Shawn Michaels after a botched finish. Williams didn't even seem happy he won and Traci was furious as well. Crowd chants "bullshit." The finish did ruin the efforts of the guys because they did some crazy stuff up until that point. This was a real negative in this sense because the guys made it clear the performance was more important than the win. To me, you have to go with the flow and get mad backstage, as while onstage, you give the impression you are going for the win, not the performance. But these guys did work real hard to come up with what they thought was a great match and it's a natural reaction to it unraveling.

Guest teke184

This isn't exactly a new thing with the Ultimate X Match...

It seems every time they do the goddamn thing, the belt comes loose from the wires too early and they have to stop the match to put it back up there.

This time, it just happened to do so and fall into the hands of the guy who was supposed to win it, stopping the match.

Zbyszko said they are adding a 10 man gauntlet (Rumble) match with the winner getting a title shot. No wonder they had to cut everything so short, and we still have a 30:00 Iron man match next.

Guess I was right.

Damn that Nash, messing up Joe/Liger.

By the way, I can't help but notice that Meltz has gone this far on the card without saying a match was bad. Even what he says didn't live up to expectations still was good by his standards. When's the last time that happened with a WWE show?

This is all HHH's fault. In fear of his friend Shawn Michaels being shown up by Styles and Daniels working a better Ironman than he and Angle did on 10/3, Hunter had Kevin Nash over for dinner, poisoned his Chardonnay and as a result, havoc was wreaked on the PPV

Oh come on, you know I wasn't serious.

It's not like JJ wouldn't probably sell his company out to get another shot in the WWE...

He probably wakes up in a coke induced cold sweat whenever he winds up thinking about how Vince fired him from WCW in '01 sometimes. That shit must eat at him sometimes.

Rhino vs. Sabu vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Abyss in the Monster's ball is next. This was the standing ovation match of the show. Rhino pinned Hardy with a piledriver off the middle rope. Jeff got his head out, which is the smart thing to do. Jeff Hardy did the craziest move in a long time, coming off about 12 feet high and maybe 15 feet away with a swanton on Abyss through a table. Lots of chairs and tables, but for the style they did, it was a a great deal.

Zbyszko said they are adding a 10 man gauntlet (Rumble) match with the winner getting a title shot. No wonder they had to cut everything so short, and we still have a 30:00 Iron man match next.

It's not like JJ wouldn't probably sell his company out to get another shot in the WWE...

He probably wakes up in a coke induced cold sweat whenever he winds up thinking about how Vince fired him from WCW in '01 sometimes.  That shit must eat at him sometimes.

I think getting embarrassed like that would motivate JJ to build his company up to beat WWE.

I'm wondering, instead of cutting time from matches, why didn't they just have the Excecutive Board or whoever decide that since Nash was out, that Raven would get the shot as the former champion.

It seems like a waste of time to add another match to decide who gets the shot when it would be crazy to do a title switch and the former champ isn't even booked.

Didn't see this coming...

Daniels vs. Styles are up. I don't envy them. This crowd is tired from all the craziest. They know these guys are going 30. They have their work cut out for them, but the last time they pulled it off and then some. Styles took the only fall in 29:58. They sold a lot more than the first one. It was hard coming off the last match and people knowing it was going long. Another excellent match. Styles was crying at the finish and crowd gave them another standing ovation.

Gauntlet Rumble is up next. Rhino won throwing out Abyss. Samoa Joe had the choke on Styles when Abyss bounced both of them out. Monty Brown was eliminated early when he and Jeff Hardy went out. Also Killings, Sabu, Hoyt and Kip James were in. Crowd is really tired at this point.

We're running very late on time so Jeff Jarrett vs. Rhino with Tito Ortiz as ref isn't going long. Jarrett brought out a casket. Rhino survived a guitar shot to win clean with the gore very quickly. Jarrett, Kim & AMW were beating on Rhino. 3 Live Kru is in. Tito Ortiz pulled a disappearing act. Team Canada is in. They opened the casket to put Rhino in. Jarrett gave Rhino a guitar shot and put him in the casket and shut the casket. The Dudleys showed up to end the show. Big face comeback to end the show with Young taking a 3-D and being put in the casket to end it.

Basically they felt if they didn't deliver the advertised title match that they had to make it up by giving a surprise and unplanned title change. Crowd was really up for the finish of the show.

Excuse my third straight post, but holy shit:

We're running very late on time so Jeff Jarrett vs. Rhino with Tito Ortiz as ref isn't going long. Jarrett brought out a casket. Rhino survived a guitar shot to win clean with the gore very quickly. Jarrett, Kim & AMW were beating on Rhino. 3 Live Kru is in. Tito Ortiz pulled a disappearing act. Team Canada is in. They opened the casket to put Rhino in. Jarrett gave Rhino a guitar shot and put him in the casket and shut the casket. The Dudleys showed up to end the show. Big face comeback to end the show with Young taking a 3-D and being put in the casket to end it.

Basically they felt if they didn't deliver the advertised title match that they had to make it up by giving a surprise and unplanned title change. Crowd was really up for the finish of the show.

Rhino as NWA champion? I guess Meltz is right in assuming they felt they needed to do a change as a make-good to the fans for not being able to deliver the advertised main event.

*edit*

Damn you and your fast fingers, goodhelmet.

:huh: ...wait, the company felt it needed to do a surprise because they didn't deliver?

When the fuck was the last time a wrestling company did that? Wow. That's something.

I think Rhino was a horrible choice to go over as their champion. As much as we like the fact that Jeff Jarrett is not their champ, at no point in time during his career (ECW, WWE, TnA) have I ever thought of Rhino as World Champion material. Monty Brown, Joe, and Abyss are all unknowns in the mainstream world that could have been inserted there and not had the stigma of being a WWE JTTS.

Okay, one quick question:

Tito was cornering Rampage last night (or actually early this morning) and he still managed to make it to this show? Or was he not there?