Pro Wrestling Only

Kevin Von Erich

goodhelmet

If you're gonna have someone get beat up by the old timers, why not Rob Conway? It's not like he's got a chance of getting over with his new gimmick.

Plus, I admit it, I marked out for the Iron Claw~!

I was surprised the Von Erich name could still get a pop in Dallas, I wouldn't have guessed the 2005 RAW fan watched much World Class.

There was no need to put those guys over. If they really wanted to make an impact that could build to something, bringing MNM over from Smackdown and having them lay out a ring full of old geezers might have been a step in the right direction. How's a 15-year old watching RAW supposed to relate to a company that's preaching to respect one's elders and that the past is better than the present? And while I'm at it, why weren't the tag titles defended on a show that's supposed to be the biggest night in TV for wrestling in years?

Guest SweetMama Scaat

There was no need to put those guys over. If they really wanted to make an impact that could build to something, bringing MNM over from Smackdown and having them lay out a ring full of old geezers might have been a step in the right direction. How's a 15-year old watching RAW supposed to relate to a company that's preaching to respect one's elders and that the past is better than the present? And while I'm at it, why weren't the tag titles defended on a show that's supposed to be the biggest night in TV for wrestling in years?

Respect for elders and a knowledge of history is important in all walks of life. Actors and musicians have hall of fames and Lifetime achievment awards. Politicians have a tendency to follow the ideals and institutions of their predecessors. Lawers and Judges study and evaluate old cases in order to see how the current ones stand. Why should Wrestling be any different than any other part of society. All kids need to recognize the past they jus dont realize it. Looking back on your high school life how many kids paid close attention in history class and in their adulthood realized that a good portion of the things being told to them were of importance. If theres some kid watching Raw whos a serious wrestling fan of todays product than knowing who Ted Dibiasse and Superstar Billy Grahm are couldnt hurt.

They never came close to implying that the past is better than the present. The Legends didnt exactly "go over" Rob Conway. It was 20 former athletes beating on a current one. If the '85/86 Bears came out and attacked Donovan Mcnabb or somebody would that make them "look better" than everyones favorite Chunky Soup eater? If anything Randy Ortons legend Killing on Pipers Pit showed that the present was here in full efffect and willing to take it to the past.

As far as the tag titles go, the show was booked beyond capacity. It was scheduled for 3 hours and 10 minutes and they STILL needed more time. Im sure theyll be on next weeks show.

Whether it's true or not, the most successful time period in WWF history, the Attitude era, was a middle finger in the face of the establishment. Now, it's a case where guys trying to fight The Man are just portrayed as stupid for doing so. Wrestling is escapist.

Conceivably, wrestlers should look like supermen and one current athlete should be able to wipe the mat with 20 retired fogies. Steve Austin used to fight the numbers all the time and win without a problem, so why can't anyone new do the same?

The show didn't need the legends stuff at all. It didn't need the McMahon family. And it didn't need Piper or Foley. The Austin and HHH segments could have been cut in half during that time. With all the time they could have saved there, the SD 6-man could have eaten up 15-20 minutes and they could have found a way to fit the tag champs on such a huge show. No wonder no one cares about the tag belts anymore -- there's no reason given to care about them.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

I wanna know why youve got such a hard on for all things "Q Scott".

Conceivably, wrestlers should look like supermen and one current athlete should be able to wipe the mat with 20 retired fogies. Steve Austin used to fight the numbers all the time and win without a problem, so why can't anyone new do the same?

The show didn't need the legends stuff at all. It didn't need the McMahon family. And it didn't need Piper or Foley. The Austin and HHH segments could have been cut in half during that time. With all the time they could have saved there, the SD 6-man could have eaten up 15-20 minutes and they could have found a way to fit the tag champs on such a huge show. No wonder no one cares about the tag belts anymore -- there's no reason given to care about them

The superman thing makes sense but Conway is a "Cocky, arrogant" heel. Isnt a different dichotomy? If he were were a monster heel like Vader or Sid then MAYBE itd make sense. But its a different character perspective. Would Buff Bagwell or Rick Martel go over that many individuals, Legends or not?

Now , Sugar I can understand being annoyed by the legends aspect. But it was in correlation with the theme for the show. "Homecoming." It wasnt suppossed to be a regular Raw. It was more like Slamboree: A legends Reunion. If they do stuff like this every ep, then yeah itll destroy their product, ironically enough WCW fashion. I think what they do the next couple of weeks will really be the litmus test.