Pro Wrestling Only

Raw and UFC Ratings

Strummer

I wouldn't be happy if I was the WWF to be honest. They'll spin it as a success but you know they were hoping for a 5. It's going to fall right back into the 3s when it's business as usual next week.

UFC have to be happy though. It seems they have a built in 1.5 worth of audience.

Guest KingPK

So what does UFC do on Spike on Mondays between UFNs? Episodes of Unleashed?

Hope Vince is happy, he sacrificed two PPV-quality matches just to get a rating that is barely one point above the average it got on Spike only to probably drop back down to that level next week.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

But now that it's up to *USA* to get the ad revenue, then they are actually expecting something out of the WWE. You think WWE will be able to deliver??

Depending on how the demographics come out for the UFN, Spike may be *very* happy with the UFC rating.

4.4 is a very disappointing rating for that show. I'm interested in the quarter-hour breakdowns, but to put in perspective, that's a lower number than RAW drew at the beginning of Shawn Michaels' title reign in 1996 when they ran unopposed one night when Nitro was off the air. That show was headlined by HBK/Lawler and had Diesel on commentary. It opened with Vader/Yoko. It got a 4.7.

It's not a bad number by any means, but HHH's return in 2002 and the RAW the night after WM X-8 both did 5.0+. HHH/Kane with Kane unmasking did one of the highest ratings they'd done in years, much higher than this. This isn't substantially higher than their average numbers for the past year, and really, I think anything under a 5.0 had to be considered a disappointment.

Guest KingPK

From wwe.com:

The power of RAW's ratings

This week, Monday Night RAW brought the power of 4 million viewers back to USA Network in prime time.

Monday Night RAW drew a 4.7 rating (up from 3.2 last week on Spike TV), according to the latest Coverage Household Ratings information.

That?s 48 percent higher viewership.

RAW climbed to a 5.0 as Stone Cold Stunned the entire McMahon family. It was a segment that reminded WWE?s fans just what USA programming looks like. The three-hour spectacular also featured the anticipated return of Triple H, a crowd-pleasing WWE Championship Match, an incredible Ladder Match, a show-stopping WWE Iron Man Match and a showdown between members of the RAW and SmackDown rosters.

WWE Homecoming showcased unparalleled star power that included Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, Mick Foley, ?Rowdy? Roddy Piper and a host of WWE Legends.

The buzz from the show lasted throughout the night, and its ripple effect led to WWE.com's biggest traffic day in recent history.

USA Network enjoyed a marked ratings increase in the time slot now re-occupied by RAW; WWE?s 10 p.m. hour delivered household numbers that tripled the average for programming airing there the prior four weeks.

?The successful return of Monday Night RAW was a great team effort between USA and WWE,? said Gary Davis, WWE Vice President, Corporate Communications. ?We wanted to create a phenomenal debut for our fans, and the viewing public responded in a big way. We greatly appreciate that support. It's good to be home again on USA.?

You spin me right round baby

right round

Like a record player

Right round round round

Comparing the rating to the last Spike show is a bit misleading since most people knew it was a lame duck show anyway.