Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-01-07-WCW-Thunder] NWO and LWO

Loss

• 2 months later...

The NWO shows up, all in Wolfpac t-shirts, to lay out all of the LWO guys. No one touches Rey as Nash corners him and tells him to take a hike. Psicosis takes the brunt of the beating. The LWO is history. Of course Nash has to do a promo still playing to the crowd like he's a babyface. Nash and Hogan can't believe Flair would criticize their match of the century on Monday night. Hogan says he was lucky to win and it could have gone either way. Hogan seems like he's had the wind taken out of his sails, like he doesn't even like the angle at all, but he had to play nice with Nash and go along to get back in on top.

The remaining black and white guys are out to confront them on what happened Monday night, and of course WCW was too chickenshit to do a big beatdown on all of them and kick them out of the group. Instead, they just floundered in black and white shirts for months and months. The Giant speaks for the group and accuses Hogan and friends of leaving the rest of them hanging. Hogan responds that it's Giant's fault that Flair is President for 90 days. He also says there's only room for one giant in the NWO, and it's Kevin Nash. Nash vs Giant is made for Monday night. Giant is preparing to do job duty on his way out the door.

• 1 month later...

What the fuck is Hogan wearing? LWO gets beat and buried and Nash makes fun of Konnan (huh?). Nash is incredibly annoying here pandering to the crowd. Hogan feels like a second banana which just doesn't really work. I do think the psychology of him doing this to protect his spot is again fascinating from an outsider perspective. Hogan is savvy despite all of his faults. I liked Hogan calling out Goldberg for having security and Falcons watching his back. The B&W B-listers come out led by Giant who I honestly thought was gone by now. Hennig is still wearing a suit and is not long for this group. Giant vs. Nash is made for Monday and I guess that is the big send off for The Giant. Pretty poor segment after the spirited Flair stuff.

• 2 years later...

With Eddy out, I guess it's time to kill off the LWO. A mercy killing. Rey is allowed to leave without a beatdown, which I believe was supposed to lead to him being courted by the group.

Hogan looks like he's dressing as Mick Foley for Halloween. After such fire shown by Flair earlier it's disheartening to see Nash and Hogan half-ass their way through this. Even the ironic "match of the year" discussion that's *supposed* to be insincere doesn't sound like they have their heart in it. Compare and contrast to the panache of DX doing multiple similar bits in late '97. I mean, Hogan sounds comatose.

Giant and the B-teamers come out for a less-than-thrilling confrontation. Yes, this was the perfect time to cull the fat from the NWO and they don't do it. Hogan accuses Giant of DROPPING THE BALL--what year are we in again? Giant is playing out the string but somehow brings more fire to this than anyone in the Wolfpack.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-01-07-WCW-Thunder] NWO and LWO