Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-01-10-ECW-Guilty As Charged] Justin Credible vs Tommy Dreamer (Stairway To Hell)

Loss

• 2 months later...

Last few minutes. Credible casually getting into position for the "Dreamer Cutter" without even trying to hide it was something else. Funk shows up and costs Dreamer the match, continuing this nauseating Justin Credible push and not letting go of the impossible task of making Funk an effective heel in ECW. Funk being so mad at Dreamer still makes no sense. He just is.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Pretty terrible. Dig how Dreamer is clearly thrown to the floor with the ladder around his neck, we clearly see Credible pull a second ladder out from under the ring, and then Dreamer comes back into the ring with the ladder again and Styles says with amazement, "Dreamer must have pulled a second ladder from underneath the ring!" Open your goddamn eyes, Joey--where was his voice-in-the-head Paul E. while that shit was going on? Dreamer is the first to climb the ladder and grab the Singapore cane, and just to get the stips over, he turns around to Credible and...dives off with a DDT. And drops the cane. I guess when you have a stip as dumb as "use the big giant metal ladder to build to grabbing the wooden stick," you may as well ignore it. Dreamer tries and fails to tie up Credible in the ropes to sink this match deeper into farce, but Funk shows up and whacks him with a trash can and That's Incredible gets Aldo the win. Not only does the ridiculous Credible push continue, we are also continuing to beat to death the lame and predictable "Dreamer can't bring himself to hit Funk" story. Which is a story that's been told more times than the one of Terry Funk and his jackass. All this does is make Dreamer look like an even bigger imbecile than he normally is. I'll break from everyone else on one aspect in that I don't mind using Funk as a heel--in theory. The problem is, I suspect they'll drag this out and in Paul E. fashion not even get to the blow-off before Funk shows back up in WCW--and in any case, Dreamer needs to stand up and put a beatdown on Funk *fast.*

• GSR changed the title to [1999-01-10-ECW-Guilty As Charged] Justin Credible vs Tommy Dreamer (Stairway To Hell)