Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-01-15-APW-A Walk With An Angel] Michael Modest vs Christopher Daniels

Loss

• 2 months later...

I thought this was very good. They worked hard and hit everything cleanly. It was also the prototype for the indy matches in the coming decade. I didn't think it was great, but compared to most indy wrestling happening at the time that I've seen, it was a five star classic. They were professional and worked a match that got the people in the building excited and made sense, so in that sense it was a definite success. Their inexperience shows at times, mainly in that they seem like they are going through a dance rehearsal and never really change facial expressions. But the wrestling exchanges at least *look* very good and that's a plus. I wish this would have been how they worked on Nitro in 2001 instead of that terrible match they did.

• 1 month later...

This was good which trust me is a huge improvement over the trough full of shit on the indies around this time. Hitting stuff cleanly and not going TOO far off the beaten path was key here. There still wasn't as much overall story and extended selling as I would have liked but as a simple main event style indy match, it was inoffensive and felt like the Daniels vs. Donovan Morgan battles that plagued the early 2000's. (***)

• 2 years later...

It was fast-paced to a fault and I can't say they made me particularly *care* about what was happening, but the actual counterwrestling, especially on the mat, was quite good. Neither guy is overly charismatic, at least at this point, but the fundamentals were better than we've seen on a lot of other Yearbook indy matches.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-01-15-APW-A Walk With An Angel] Michael Modest vs Christopher Daniels