Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-02-08-WCW-Nitro] Hulk Hogan and NWO Black and White

Loss

• 2 months later...

Hulk Hogan wants Brian Adams to take over the black-and-white guys of the NWO. Then he separately tells Stevie Ray and Vincent the same in later vignettes. This is far worse than the WWF vignettes with the unexplained camera, because WCW has no concept of point of view when they shoot vignettes. Are we to assume no one in the NWO is watching the show that they are on?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hogan telling Adams to "just keep it between you and me" in front of a camera broadcasting to 3 million people is so eye-rolling it makes you forget about those asides in the Raven vignettes. WCW's backstage segments are so hamfisted and illogical at this point--I remember John Petrie's recaps completely deconstructing the idea of cameras just wandering around backstage, filming wrestlers doing random stuff and hoping something happens. 1998 WWF was actually pretty light on backstage vignettes and I remember even during the Ministry stuff there being an explanation or at least a plausible reason for a camera being backstage, with a minimum or absence of pretending that they weren't on the air.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-02-08-WCW-Nitro] Hulk Hogan and NWO Black and White