Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-02-15-WCW-Nitro] Bret Hart vs Will Sasso

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

A minor celebrity in his first wrestling match gets turned on by an even more minor celebrity for no apparent reason. Will Sasso did have a good physique for bumping. Bret had stopped giving a shit and was just collecting paychecks. I knew that WCW was crap around this time, but the sheer level of awfulness this month has been staggering.

• 1 year later...

There was actually a "blowoff" to this on another episode of MadTV, I think Bret vs. Piper in an armwrestling match. Debra Wilson explained that she didn't want to see Sasso continue to get hurt so she--oh God, somebody shoot me.

Bret thought so highly of this that he didn't even discuss this travesty of a match in his book, just the MadTV stuff and the match with Piper. Sasso does work hard, but the announcers don't even give any lip service to this as any kind of serious affair. Wilson hits Sasso with some horrible chair shots and Bret needs a screwjob finish to beat a fat sketch comic. I'm sure he was thrilled to have been forced into jumping ship for this.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-02-15-WCW-Nitro] Bret Hart vs Will Sasso