Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-05-01-ECW-TV] Chris Candido, Steve Corino and Taz

Loss

• 2 months later...

Chris Candido is out wearing a pretty bizarre and outdated medical contraption. I hate to keep commenting on Tammy's decline, but wow. Taz quickly interrupts. Candido realizes Taz won't say publicly that he's sorry or that he respects Candido, but he wants him to look at him and see what he has done. Taz has no remorse at all. Until Candido can return, he and Tammy will be co-managing a few people. Steve Corino comes out to call Taz a phony and calls the Brooklyn fans crackheads. Corino says if Taz will get the ECW belt and put it down in front of him, he won't embarrass him in front of the people. Taz takes a shot at Corino and Candido takes off the neckbrace and comes in to attack Taz from behind.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was predictable stuff with Corino and Taz but well done and effective. I hated the Candido stuff especially Styles yelling that we all fell for it when by this point, if you really thought Candido was injured, you were a complete dumb ass. Taz seems a bit directionless at the moment without a great challenger for the title.

• 2 years later...

Um...well, I knew Candido wasn't hurt *that* bad, but the ripping-the-halo-off got me. *shrug* I think it was because ECW had been recycling angles all year and I thought they'd try another re-do of the Douglas/Pitbull halo angle. Everyone works the mic well here and Corino acquits himself in one of his first big spots, getting in some eye-opener lines but being a much more natural smug heel and far less tryhard than Justin Credible. Candido making sure to do a diving headbutt just to show off his neck was a nice dickish exclamation point on all this.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-05-01-ECW-TV] Chris Candido, Steve Corino and Taz