Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-06-13-WCW-Great American Bash] Kevin Nash vs Randy Savage

Loss

• 2 months later...

The video package shows Bischoff in a position of authority. But Flair is still the President and Bischoff lost all of his power. Idiotic. Once again, this video recap just reinforces how bad the feud was. Last few minutes of the match. No heat. Madusa interferes quite a bit. Savage is so reliant on shortcuts that it's obvious he has lost confidence in himself. It even shows on his face that he knows he doesn't have it anymore. Nash kicks out of the big elbow and then does a big comeback, which makes the move a joke. Powerbomb when the ladies hit the ring and attack Nash, who starts throwing them off. No heat for that stuff either. Then Sid shows up with a big boot. So now WCW is re-running failed 1995 WWF feuds. And he and Arn are expected to be in the same company. I don't mind Sid a ton in this run but the wisdom behind hiring him in the first place shows WCW had no clue at all.

• 2 months later...

A fittingly shitty match for this shitty feud. Up to now I thought that although it featured several head-scratching decisions the WCW title scene was entertaining and interesting for the most part. Now with Nash as lame smiling babyface, a terrible over the hill Savage with a weird-in-a-bad-way three women stable and a PPV main event Sid run-in, it's just flatly awful.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Savage looks so horrible here, it's sad and almost disturbing to watch. The ladies have to do the heavy lifting because he has absolutely nothing left to offer. Fittingly the best spot in the match is Miss Madness hitting Nash with a missile dropkick. Nash has to beat up the women after the match because Savage only has so many bumps in him, then we get Sid. Honestly, he's not a horrible get for WCW at this point but I remember absolutely hating the gimmick of beating up cruiserweights and educating the crowd that the mid-card (a longtime point of difference from the WWF) doesn't matter anymore. I suppose we'll get to that when we get to it. As it is, I'd rather listen to Sid cut a promo than Savage, so this feud is actually starting to look up.

• Loss changed the title to [1999-06-13-WCW-Great American Bash] Kevin Nash vs Randy Savage