Pro Wrestling Only

Owen or Christian

goodhelmet

Who do you prefer?  

1. 1.

• Christian
    • Owen Hart

I am trying something a little different here. Either every few days, or each week, I am going to draw two wrestlers from the same/different eras, sometimes different promotions, and sometimes from different countries and you guys can debate on who has/had more going for them. I think when we did the WWF Wrestler Tourney, it produced some really good posts and maybe we can recreate that here without the responsibility of choosing every time.

So, Owen or Christian... would you rather see Captain Charisma or King of the Slammys? This may be hard because most of us have a soft spot for Owen but try and keep it based on thier ring work, angles and interview skills.

Guest Dangerous A

I went with Owen. When he was doing the Blue Blazer gimmick right before his death, he was eliciting about the same level of comedy Christian is getting right now, although to be fair Christian has a lot more comedy mic work to judge from.

In ring, it's not even close. Owen has a five star match and several 4 star matches under his belt where I struggle right now to think of a Christian match above four stars that wasn't a TLC match with 5 other guys. Owen's "Black Hart" promos weren't great, but didn't stink up the joint either. Still, both men are midcarders for life (even if Owen would've lived, he wouldn't have ever made it to Main Event level again) and will probrably make WWE's sham of a HOF, but won't sniff the inside of the WO HOF.

See, I chose Owen also but I think Christian is not only a better interview but also better at conveying genuine emotion from me in the skits and angles. Whether it was disgust, humor or sarcasm, I always believed in Christians character. in fact, I think Christian plays his character tp perfection whereas Owen was a little wooden regardless of what jis role was. The one time I can recall actually about seeing Owen show up was when he jumped HBK after coming out of the crowd.

As far as wrestling ability and better matches, then yes, Owen has it all over Christian. In fact, I am still looking for that really good-great Christian match because I have never seen it. Hell, Eddie has gotten the best matches ever out of JBL and Big Show so maybe Xian isn't far behind.

Owen by a mile.

Owen, to me, was much more believable as either a face or a heel, unlike Christian who I think is just too smarmy and one-dimensional to be a top draw. At least Owen had some depth to his personality since he wore his emotions on his sleeve and I always liked that about Owen. He played the little brother role great when Bret was in the company and he even kept going strong even after Bret left the company. The Rock and Owen Hart were a good team and it's too bad they didn't have a feud later on down the road.

Plus, Owen smokes Christian when it comes to in-ring work.

I don't see much behind Christian's sleazy smile that keeps me entertained.

Christian has improved to a point in 2005 where he's a really good worker who's capable of leading a match, and he had a hot streak early in the year having the best match every single week for like 10 or 11 consecutive weeks that has now gone forgotten. I do think he's a better interview and has more charisma. In the ring, Owen Hart is one of the most naturally talented wrestlers of all time who, sadly, never reached his full potential. I have to go with Owen here.

Well, since I'm the only one to vote for Christian (so far) I guess I have to explain myself.

I never really got into Owen. It's not really a knock against him, I just wasn't real big into WWF when he was actually being used. The only Owen I have seen was a little bit of his heel run when he was feuding with Bret, some of his tag team matches with Yokozuna as a partner and him teaming with Jeff Jarrett.

Christian, on the other hand, entertained me a lot. All the TLC/Ladder matches. All the Edge & Christian backstage skits and shit, like the kazoo's, etc.

In the ring, it's a no brainer. Owen blows Christian away. Mainly because Christian seems to rest a lot. Overall though? I had to pick Christian.

Guest Mike Campbell

I voted for Owen too. I love Captain Charisma to death, but Owen had a bit more of subtle comedy in his interviews. My personal favorites are the Owen 3:16 interviews he did in 1997, and the big smirk he'd get when he'd refer to Austin as "son".