Pro Wrestling Only

La Fiera

Grimmas

The match in that feud in which the tecnico side pushes back, even more than the hair match, is the November 13 one with Dandy, Atlantis, and Pierroth against Fiera, Emilio Charles, and Satanico. I don't know if you've already watched it or if it's even on YouTube (it definitely was at one point), but I thought that it was the best part of the whole feud. Here's a picture if you need proof about Fiera getting his and don't mind being spoiled:

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

La Fiera was my number 71 in 2016 and I'm pretty happy with that for now. He could move up though, because there's still some gaps I need to hit, chief among them the Casas and Dandy apuestas. What I have seen, at least, is the lead-in trios (or some of them anyway) to those hair matches, and man was Fiera an extraordinary sleazeball maniac in the early 90s. Just a supremely gritty brawler who'd routinely try and murder someone/garrotte them with a chain, drink their blood and revel in spectators' horror. The Estrada match from Monterrey is one of the best matches ever of its ilk, the Babe Face feud is great (and I don't *love* love the hair match, surprisingly) and the trio of Fiera/Chicana/Cota is scumbag perfection. He has a sneaky deep list of awesome trios and regularly stands out in them whether he's the main main or in a supporting role. That stretch in early '92 where he was hanging about with Estrada and Bestia Salvaje and making Hijo del Solitario's life a living nightmare was unbelievable, but he was capable of being a wonderful tecnico as well. And he has the fun stuff from Japan. Does he have anything in the 00s or was he actually retired then? Or maybe in jail again? 

LA FIERA YOU SHOULD WATCH:

v Tiger Mask II (All Japan, 8/26/84)

w/El Faraon & El Egipcio v Los Infernales (EMLL, 3/29/85)

v Babe Face (EMLL, 8/15/86)

v Jerry Estrada (Monterrey, 1991)

w/El Satanico & Emilio Charles Jr. v El Dandy, Atlantis & Pierroth Jr. (CMLL, 11/13/92)

• 1 year later...
On 6/22/2015 at 4:29 PM, alexoblivion said:

La Fiera vs. Kahoz (7/9/96) I enjoyed this for Fiera’s selling, which was excessive, but I thought he pulled it off. His blade job was a tad gruesome, but because I’m a terrible person I appreciated it. Kahoz doesn’t have the same willingness as Fiera to destroy his body at this point in his career for posterity, so he doesn’t offer too much other than being smart enough to keep to the structure, which was pretty simple. Simple enough that I could understand criticizing it for lack of creativity, but I found it to be satisfying.

I could go on about Fiera for an entire page, but who would want to read that? (Not that this logic has ever stopped me before.) Instead I'll just quote alexoblivion's post from seven years ago, which sums Fiera up better and more succinctly than I ever could. The man had a borderline great match with maskless 1996 Kahoz. Imagine finding that VK Wallstreet had a low end WCW MOTYC on some random Nitro around that same time. This is the magnitude of achievement I'm talking about here. Give Kahoz his attaboys for a good performance but like AO said Fiera was definitely the center of attention.

A long list of Fiera matches that I like:
Fiera, 32 and Cobarde II vs Dos Caras, Eddy Guerrero and Cinta de Oro (IIRC this was Juarez territory footage)
Fiera, Herodes and Pirata Morgan vs Dandy, Konnan and Vampiro
Fiera, Jerry Estrada and Bestia Salvaje vs Huracan Sevilla, Blue Demon Jr. and Hijo del Solitario
Fiera vs Atlantis
Fiera vs Black Magic (these last two matches maybe not all time classics but Fiera is fascinating just to watch in both of them)
Fiera vs Ultimo Dragon/P2 (the best Dragon vs Mexican wrestler in Japan match)
Fiera, Supremo and Negro Casas vs Dandy, Pierroth Jr. and Ultimo Dragon
Fiera, Sangre Chicana and Gran Markus Jr. vs Dandy, Pierroth Jr. and Atlantis
Fiera vs Negro Casas (his best match, IMO)
Fiera, Vampiro and Atlantis vs Negro Casas, Black Magic and Mano Negra
Fiera vs Kahoz
Fiera, Ringo Mendoza, Mascara Magica and Olimpico vs Felino, Black Warrior, Scorpio Jr. and Karloff Lagarde Jr.
Fiera, Negro Casas and Dandy vs Black Warrior, Felino and Scorpio Jr.