Pro Wrestling Only

Andrei Kopylov

Grimmas

• 1 month later...

I really enjoyed the Kopylov/Han series and, even though he was outshone by Han, I enjoyed Kopylov's role as scrappy matworker who was gonna hold off from taking the rope break for as long as possible to see if he could work a counter. Everything else I saw Kopylov in he was kinda dull. Not bad, but just not terribly interesting. Ultimately, I don't think I have seen enough to think about ranking him. I'm super-excited to see more Han though.

Who are the 4 better Russian shoot style guys?

Don't know, but Han and Zangiev would be in contention, but I wouldn't put Hashimikov above him. I did enjoy Gregory Veritchev in FMW, but not that much. I think Kopylov was better overall than Zangiev, but Zangiev was always fun to watch.

Anyway, I do like me some Andrei Kopylov. Not the best ever, but he really understood selling well and was definitely one of the better RINGS guys. He was a very good foil for Han and I'd like to review more of him in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I was thought of Kopylov as really bland compared to Volk Han, although Han was clearly on another level. I have only ever seen the matches he had with Volk Han, and thought that they weren't of an exceptionally high caliber compared with some of my favourite Han matches, with Tamura, Maeda, Vrij, and so on. I will have to watch more of him though to make a fair judgment.