Pro Wrestling Only

Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard

goodhelmet

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been watching quite a bit of them today and man they are good. Masters of switching without a tag. Great at bumping, cheating and selling their desperation.

As an aside, do Luger & Windham together have enough matches to warrant a nomination? They've looked great in the stuff I watched with them against Tully & Arn.

Really like Luger & Windham. I am sure I have 25 teams higher, but I wouldn't find it too crazy if someone nominated and voted for them.

I'd love to see your 25 ahead of them lol, you may be the only person voting who thinks this

Well they aren't even nominated yet so I doubt he's alone.

• 3 months later...

Longevity was the only thing against these guys. I looked at the number 3 and number 4 teams on my list both were together longer and one was together much much longer. Even my #2 team has a longer run.

But the thing is when they were together they had EVERTHING. They did every little facial and bit as a heel so well and anyone who's braved my Trish Stratus thread knows how much I appreciate giving your best every night regardless.

You want an Arn and Tully match to watch? Watch one of their Rockers matches at the Boston Garden. That's where Arn suffers the injury that would ultimately end his career and it's still a really great match.

I have never seen a bad match from these guys. They are also right at the top of my "would be psyched if new footage of them showed up" list.

Would they still be ranked as highly if they didn't make the WWF jump and get to show off their skills in a new environment, against all new opponents, where nobody else was working that kind of style? I'm trying to think of any other team besides them and the Road Warriors who got to work the classic-era tag rosters of both the NWA and WWF, and I'm coming up empty. Not to downplay the greatness they legitimately had, "possibly the best tag team to ever include Arn Anderson" is 'nuff said. But in historical terms, I think they might've been a bit more lost in the shuffle with all of Arn's other teams if they didn't have their standout run in Titan where they were so obviously so much better than pretty much everyone else in the division.